-Eight-

Drinks shared naive

Forgotten above the sky

Bird flies with rigor

Amani:

"You really didn't have to invite me out, I promise I'm not bothered when I spent time by myself." Éliane had already apologized to me multiple times before we stepped foot out of the palace and I wasn't having any of it. I invited her out of the kindness of my heart and because why not? We were going to be working closely together for a while, I might as well get to know my assistant a little more in the process.

From the corner of my eye, I threw Éliane a look, "Éliane... please stop apologizing, it really isn't a big deal. I don't mind your presence... think of this as a bonding opportunity for you and I." I said to her sympathetically.

Finally, I watched as she just nodded her head, essentially giving up. "Okay." She simply said. I smiled, happy that she was finally letting it go. I was excited to finally take my mind off of work momentarily so I could go and have a relaxed drinks with friends; I was happy to see Johnny again too, maybe this time we could have a more detailed talk about our lives, I always enjoyed speaking with him.

I hope Éliane like him as well.

This evening, she was dressed in some dark jeans, she wore some plain white sneakers and a held a light cardigan in her arm that I suppose she would wear over her t-shirt if she got cold later; she looked cute and the style supported her personality well.

I, on the other hand wore something a bit different; I chose to hit the town with a purple striped jump suit that stopped at my calf in a straight-flare design. The jumpsuit was well-fitted to my body, cinching at my waist while the leg area was a little looser; a little bit of my cleavage was on show at the sculpted neckline, but I offset that with a leather Balmain Jacket that I threw over my shoulders. To finish the look, I wore simple strapped sandals and a classic Chanel double flab bag in black.

Both Éliane and I were walking together after one of the palace drivers dropped us off in the downtown area of Clico where all the action was happening, especially at this time of night. He let us go a little further than where the bar Johnny pinned us at, but it was because the streets were already busy and crowded with people also getting ready for the nighttime.

"What do you usually do when you're out in the streets of Clico?" I asked Éliane curiously as we continued walking together. Éliane looked over at me quickly before making sure to watch her step as we were walking through tons of people.

"Um..." She giggled nervously as if she didn't want to tell me, "You'll probably think I'm a nerd or something." She stated.

I scoffed, "You're talking to a nerd right now, all I did when I was a kid was have my head in the books... I was pretty studious as per my parents." I said to with a smirk.

Éliane smiled, "Yeah... but I think I'm kind of a different kind of nerd." She stated which caused me to cock my head curiously. "Come on... now you got to tell me, I'm too curious." I said to her.

She bit her lip contemplating whether to tell me or not, but she finally gave in sighing in response, "I usually come down here to visit some bookshops." She stated.

I furrowed my brow, "That sounds pretty normal." I stated.

She cocked her head to the side looking away momentarily, "Well, yeah... but they're specific book stores that sell like anime shows and movies and tons of new and vintage manga books." She stated.