-Forty-Three-

Friends laugh playfully

Fallen foe drinks life's essence

Money spent greedy

Layton:

"I got shake you off! Cause the love ain't the same and you keep on playing games like you know I'm here to stay!" The sounds of the loud bass within the record paired with the strobe lighting. blinked in unison along with the beat that immediately filled the room as Amani belted out the lyrics tipsily. I along with the rest of the group that went out for the sushi-karaoke night, watched as both her and Rose sang along to the popular Mariah Carey tune with ease. They were quite passionate with the lyrics, if I do say so myself; there had to be a bit of a double-meaning as they angrily expressed themselves through the lyrics most likely reminiscing of former lovers.

"I gotta shake it off." Rose melodically chimed in along with her friend, like Amani she had a few shots of her own and was reaping the benefits of a looser and excited persona that carried with her on the small singing stage as she helped her best friend sing with her.

"Just like a Calgon commercial I, really gotta get up outta here and go somewhere!" Amani continued singing as I finished the last of my drink, my own mind beginning to become a jumbled mess as I watched her swing her hips around the stage unapologetically. I could never take my eyes off of her no matter the time or place, it was as if she were giving me her own private show making me forget all the problems and drama that I left at the palace.

"I got gotta shake it off!" Rose shouted into her mic.

"Dear God, how much did they have to drink?" Cyril's voice whispered as he and Jaala both surveyed the girls as they continued parading themselves around each other in an unorganized choreographed dance to suit the melodic track they were very imminent on singing to.

Who the hell invited him to the night out?

This was just supposed to be a few of us, but I guess since Rose was now dating Jaala, Cyril was going to be a more prominent figure amongst us. Beside them were Éliane and Johnny. Butler boy—Fionn was supposed to show as well, but it seemed he bailed at the last minute; that was all good for me because I wasn't really keen on seeing him at the moment.

We were set to reveal the results of the DNA test tomorrow and I guess the anxiety of the results coming back got to him urged him to forgo this outing to save himself from having to interact with me. I felt the same, not wanting to really be around his presence right now; at this moment the only thing that mattered was singing sweetly in front of me.

In my line of my vision, was my future, whether she knew it or not at the moment, I felt in my heart we were meant to be; this shocking revelation of my future as Crown Prince was just confirmation that it was finally time to completely get my act together and be the person that not only was the best match for Amani, but the kind of father Yame could look up to growing up.

"Gotta make that move, find somebody who appreciates all the love I give, boy I gotta shake it off!" The music continued to bound, I could feel the vibrations rumbling through my chest, filling the room and my ears to the point where I could hear nothing more around me.

"Gotta do what's best for me! Baby and that means I gotta... shake you off!" Amani dropped to her news as she belted out the notes with passion, closing her eyes as she used the other hand to reach up towards the ceiling before slowly bringing it back down to her chest dramatically as the song reached the end of its peak.