-Seventy-Four-

Singing in my mind

Silver lines for spirits loved

Flames flicker at dawn

Amani:

       "So, she had the baby and the first thing she texts me is where's the other half of the money." Rose let out a belting laugh as she looked back down at her cell phone with amusement, she was texting something back but I wasn't on her side where she was sitting so I was unable to tell what her reply was; if I knew Rose like I have for my entire life, I'd guess she would've responded something quite snarky to our ex-best friend.

          Today it was just Rose, Éliane, and I as we relaxed on our little slice of pink beach away from everything else; our group had their own ideas of what they wanted to do, mostly the guys heading out for some boating, Layton was amongst those heading for that trip, later on he would have to go "soften" up Tinashe so she would remain quiet long enough for the plan I had devised with my grandmother to go into effect.

          The fact of the matter after I had discussed the situation with Grandma Zenny, she was quite annoyed to say the least; another "thorn" on her side as I recall her saying to herself. What we both had concluded was that after the trip, Mukami was going to have to make a public statement claiming all her sons as hers; I knew the moment this news came out it was going to cause a big ruckus, mostly because the Mellans would be front in center with noble news and I knew how much they detested the publicity, they were quite private people at this point in their lives but she had to do it in order to solidify Layton and their brothers places in the line of succession.

            We couldn't hide behind the lie any longer especially when it came to something serious as that. We hadn't broken that news to Mukami yet, we would tell her once we got back to Clico; in the meantime, people could enjoy the rest before the storm. As for the leaked information, I informed my grandmother of the three possibilities and she wanted me to get to the bottom of it and if it was true than any of the three: Madeline, Julius, or Karmi was responsible, any last bit of a tittle, land, or recognition would be pulled from them.

            None of this news coming out right now was ideal, but we had no choice at this point. Tinashe was forcing our hands and I just hate that Layton and his brothers would be in the middle of this entire scandal; people sparing their opinions about a situation you weren't even aware of until your middle adulthood wasn't fair. Which was why I was going to write Mukami's statement for her, with strategically placed verbiage and sympathy tokens because the public generally loved Mukami and would be glad to see her show her face publicly once more, it could work out in our favor.

            Though Julius would be the sacrificial lamb thrown under the bus as her "manipulator" but I thought it was justifiable because he never formally sat down with all of his sons and apologize for what he put them through, especially Fionn. I don't think he ever spoke that man a day in his life till this date. Julius was an opportunist—a modern day clout chaser who even had the nerve to approach Layton and try to get him to "seduce" me in order for him to find his way back into the palace.

            I mean could you believe it?

            If he really knew his son, he would've already been aware that we were seeing each other and there was no need to manipulate me into doing anything. It was just sick to think that man stood behind all of this because he wanted the title of Emperor. Well now, I was going to demolish any respect he had left after being ousted from Maelony, I would make sure of that.

            It was funny that even though I no longer worked for Harmony's company as an official PR, I was still in a way fixing the lives of the people around me. It would be my ultimate job once I sat on the throne, to rebuild the prestige, honor, and respect that once rested with this house when late Empress Odette was in charge.