-Four-

Swallows congregate
On telephone wires ready
To migrate down south.

Amani:

Cruising down the streets of Clico even in my older age was still completely magical to me. Despite having already seen the streets filled with people hustling on and about their lives, I was completely mesmerized by the sites before me. I don't think there was anything more inspiring than Idizian architecture; all the buildings whether residential, commercial, or historical all had that Idizian flair that could blow anyone away.

It was interesting because although Idizian infrastructure was always under a continuous construction plan with different streets moving to more modern elements, there were always classic touches of how it used to be all over the bricks, stones, and walk paths. Idizians were innovators, they never liked to be left behind when it came to improving the overall look of their country and so were always finding ways they could grab attention, but not in the sense that it was over-done and tacky; it was always meticulously planned and blended right in with the current foundation that was already the highlight of why many people came to visit Clico and the outer regions in Idizia.

The SUV finally stopped in front of the multiple residential complexes on a very posh street in the neighborhood of Blanca. I never got to see Uncle Zyair's apartment in Clico because whenever I came to Idizia, I was either in Doe or the Fhauri Coast, rarely in the city if not to catch a few sites here and there. Uncle Zyair had this apartment when he needed to attend meetings and sessions in parliament and sometimes the drive back to Doe would be too exhausting, so he would rest up here.

All of us got out of the car and walked into the lobby as my luggage was being taken out of the car. Uncle Zyair greeted the lobby receptionists and took us down the beautiful structured hallway of the complex leading us to a private elevator. It was always so interesting to see how the exterior of these complexes differed from the inside; while the outside carried this old Idizian neoclassical style that showcased the pure craftsmanship of the builders at the time, the inside marveled in more fresher features that reminisced more of a contemporary aspect that the younger generation could appreciate.

My uncle tapped his electronic key into the interface of the elevator and it beeped allowing us entrance into the lift. We all got in and the doors slid closed behind us, instantly propelling our group to the 27th floor where my uncle's apartment resided. He had the entire thing to himself. Once the doors opened, I fought the urge to gasp at how breathtaking it was; I grew up my entire life around buildings like this all the time, but I think when it came to styling the Idizian way, nothing quite smacked you in the face than true design.

We all stepped out, Charmaine and Rehan both already familiar with the space heading in their own separate directions, leaving my uncle to show me around the suite. I marveled in all the spaces the place had from the fine hanging curtains, the glossy dark porcelain floors, the expensive-looking sculptures, the multitude of bedrooms and respective bathrooms, and finally the grand kitchen that we stopped at after he finished giving me a look around the floor.

The kitchen was absolutely immaculate, not only was it spacious but it carried a uniformity that made the whole design chic. I hurried over to the kitchen's fridge and brushed my hands over the chestnut-colored custom cabinet panels; anything that wasn't the sunset-bronze stainless-steel kitchen appliances, was topped off with the cabinet panels that gave it a more modern and sophisticated look.

"Uncle, honestly if I didn't have to live in the palace... I would be stealing your apartment as my new residence." I joked as I took a look into the fridge and saw that it was already filled with all types of fresh fruits, vegetables, and my favorite little snacks. My uncle knew me so well, so I guess it wasn't difficult for him to find the things I liked and put them in the fridge even if I was going to be here for less than a day.