Page 3

Aylin let her guard down a little as she began to speak hesitantly, as she stood on to her feet, as if she is ashamed of who she is. now rubbing her arms in a self soothing motion. "I am not like most angels; I didn't exactly die to get my status. In fact, I am more like you four; I am earth-born." Aylin paused as Cassian turned around and looked at the other three who all had astonished faces on them. But when the four turned around Aylin's face was no longer in calm, as she clutched her head and cloudy, white, mist fogged her eyes. "Aylin are you ok, what's happening?" Cassian questioned in panic not understanding she couldn't responded as a tear fell from from he eyes.

 In this moment Aylin was having a flash back, the thought appeared to take place in the dead of night, homes around her seemed to be set a light with furious flames. Causing the chard sent of straw and hey to fill her lungs, she looked at the cobbled ground, a male and female body lay bleeding and lifeless in the dirt. Suddenly she turned around to see three children two boys with dark brunette hair and no older than six, with fiery red hair a girl aged three at the most; when another boy began appearing through the smoke, with distinct brown hair and icy blue eyes, similar age to a younger Aylin. Each of their faces had haunted Aylin years, seeming to be a loose end in her life.  

The past suddenly faded out of sight and her eyes became her own again, leaving her with stark crisp memories of her scared childhood, bringing her back to the garish whites light of her cell. Focusing on the teens and  continuing to looked around her. Now vaguely recognising the four in front of her,  with their distinct features she recalled form her vision. Suddenly her focused was averted with a soft female voice.  "Maya, are you ok?" Ellaria enquired, trying to get Aylin to focused on her by clicking her fingers. "Well don't do that El, she obviously had an episode or something?" Cassian exclaimed moving Ellaria out the way. Still feeling a little unstable as she looked up removing her hands from her now knotted hair head, meeting the icy blue eyes of Cassian's. "Yeah, sorry, what was it we were talking about?" Aylin asked, still not entirely with them.  Realising she already had connections with these teens, and with the insight that theses flashbacks only occur when something significant was going to happen. As then Aylin still feeling lost in her mind and only hearing muffled and mumbled words coming for the four,  shouted in frustration. "Please leave me alone!" Aylin screamed startling the four teens, clearly causing them concern and panic thinking something was still going on with Aylin, once again silence floated around the room, no one spoke a word until Aylin sighed.

Now Aylin took a deep breath, rotated her head into their direction, now calmed down slightly and asked again kindly; the teens then left answerless. The four knew that Galileo would refuse  answer their questions any more than he had. Their options became limited, with some careful thought Cassian began to organise a plan. "Ellaria and Archer, go and see if the library has anything; meanwhile, Soren and I will try and talk to Kepler. She obviously knew more about Maya." Cassian instructed, as her remembered Soren telling him he noticing that Kepler expression and felt that it was not to her usual stern exterior, when talking earlier in the study. Suddenly catching her as she was leaving Galileo's Study. "Kepler, we need to talk about Maya," Cassian began as Kepler pouted and gave a cold stair, as Kepler dodged Cassian, causing Soren dart in front of him and block her escape. She then rolled her cold eyes in there direction, "Fine boy, but walk, I have to be somewhere?" Kepler spat reluctant to say too much. 

"How do you know Maya, and why is it that neither you nor Leo will talk about her. You both seem to hate her so deeply?" Cassian questioned, raising an eyebrow now running to stop her moving too far to hear, clearly fed up with her trying to avoid the four of them. Kepler, at that moment, gave him a daggered look of disappointment. As she noticed Soren still behind him. But Cassian was not going to take no for an answer, and Kepler could see this. As she switched her eyes from one teen to another, she gave them some information.

"The birth of the child does deceive, just as her given name suggests. But not for the reasons you assume. She is part of us. That does not mean she has to be of this era. I guess 200BC should do in the books?" Kepler smirked as she then slithered between Cassian and Soren and, with the click of her heels and a feminine strut, left the teens to it. Hours later in the library fourteens worked tirelessly, then found all the books and went back down to where Maya was being held. Maya was now asleep on the floor of her cell. When she was woken up by the book hitting a table. "Maya, why cant you not tell us the full story?" quarried El looking her in the eyes, which seemed to mirror her own. Maya looked at each of them with a tear in her eye, as her light faded with each question. only giving them part of the answer. "Because this is the mess I left on earth, this is the demon my parents left." Maya sniffled as the first tear left her eye, many hours passed. When at that moment, everything began to collide. "Here, there was a teen angel, a girl, a teen girl. Her name was Aylin; they call her the angel that was never meant to be!"

Cassian announced as he couldn't stop reading. "Her life was awful," Ellaria exclaimed as she brushed her long red hair out her way to read. "Oh, this is awful; she was captured and experimented on as a child by the underworld; she was the only captive human ever. She lived a life of fear and sorrow. Aylin finally freed herself and then got lost between heaven and hell. When she was found, all that was left was a shell of a young girl. Because of this, she was brought to god, and he made her head of the Silver Cloaks. Otherwise known as the White Knights. With this, she knew she would have to face her demons one day, and god knew she was no longer fully god's child. She lived half-lives, which Aylin tried to control and keep hidden. Aylin wished to be like her fellow knights, but she knew there would be a day where she had to return to earth." Before Ellaria could finish, Maya continued with tears streaming down her face. "With this in mind, she knew she had siblings, she wished every day to meet them, and the prophecy continues." Maya whimpered as the four of them looked at her with wide, inquisitive eyes.

A few moments of silence passed when finally, Archer cleared his throat to talk. "Your Aylin, aren't you Maya?" He stuttered with full compassion in his deep voice. Maya nodded and then looked at the floor, still sobbing. when Cassian sighed with his arms folded. "So, Aylin, it's nice to meet you, but why are you here? This is just the New York operations; shouldn't you be with the Silver Cloak Knights?" Archer walked closer to her as she looked at him and then the other three, whipping her tears away. Aylin then put her hand over her mouth in thought and, still tearful, shrugged. "I don't know, one minute I was with them in The wounded forest, the next thing I knew, I was in a New York alleyway naked and told to find my way here?" Aylin then looked at each of them once again. Now knowing what the prophecy was, she thought to herself. As she walked away from the glass. She paced for a few seconds and sharply turned around. "You must know my sibling or be able to find them. they would be like you, I-I thinking and there are three of them sixteen, and two seventeen-year-olds?" Maya suggested as than three of them looked at each other. Not saying a word and then leaving Aylin alone once again.