Chapter 6- Page 27

When they all arrived in the castle, things calmed down, everyone hugging each other in relief. Finally, someone had to say to ask. "Where the hell are we, by the way?" Ellaria spoke, realising the majesty of the place she was stood in. The home was a little dilapidated but still had impressive features. "Well, Ellaria, we are in my Kingdom, and when there is a new queen, it is named after her. But since each land has a name for me, we have to choose a name for here?" Aylin spoke with a smile. "Well, what are you think of Aylin?"

"Well, how about not a name at all? What about Omniety or Iterum." They all looked at her in confusion, not understanding what the words meant. "Uh, I can't believe you don't know the ancient language of Onyx's past?" Aylin then rolled her eyes and at Ellaria, hoping she would know, but she stood with the same expression. "Omniety is Latin, meaning State of including all things, and Iterum means a new." The group then looked at her with pleasing faces when Cassian then spoke, "I like Iterum; it sounds like a good place to live." He said, now putting his head up to hers and giving her a kiss on the forehead. "Wait also, does this make Cassian, the King of Iterum, because if so, that is awesome!" Soren announced, making everyone realise that fact. Aylin smiled and nodded, looking around at the castle once again, then at Nyx and Benedict. "Do you mind helping me with a little décor and renovation?" Aylin smiled with the rare emotion of excitement all around her.

Everyone followed a with or wizard and saw a room transformed into something magnificent and royal; each room was dressed with deep reds, whites, and golds. It was of the highest quality. Benedict and Nyx did most of the work as Aylin was not stable enough to do great spells. Finally, they all found themselves in the Cinema room, watching insane horror movies, which made everyone laugh, which wouldn't be your typical scene from human kinds, but all through these people looked human, they were not; they had killing power.

After several months of being in the castle, Aylin had gotten used to her duties as Queen, made her peace with the village dwellers, and had kept the land safe from all harm. But it still haunted over her that Baze was always a threat. Cassian could see this bubble up from her strong exterior and played on her mind from time to time. "He honey, I can see you worried, and yes, there will be a day he comes to claim you, but we will figure that out," Cassian spoke as he walked out the bedroom balcony, and Aylin sighed, turning around and smiling at him. As she hugged him, but something was off, she found herself hearing his heartbeat, and the smell of his blood seemed good too. "I am sorry, I have to go Cassian, I won't be home tonight," Aylin started rushing out of the door with her vampire skills. She knew she wasn't safe to be around tonight or for the next week. She was thirsty, thirsty for blood. Aylin always had like the smell of Cassian's blood, which caused some issue when she got to eat and feet that side of her being.

Meanwhile, at the Castle, Ellaria saw Cassian strolling the halls and decided to catch up with him. "Hey, you seem in thought; I thought maybe I could help?" Ellaria spoke now beside Cassian, which slightly startled him. "Oh, um, did you know this is the third time this week Aylin had left me while in the middle of a hug?" Cassian spoke, spilling his thoughts to Ellaria as she held another book in her hand. "No, but that is a bit weird. Maybe it has something to do with her sneaking out to feed on animals?" Ellaria suggested as Cassian looked at her, confused. "It's because she gets too close, then she can hear your heart beat, the smell of you literally intoxicates her, she is that in love with you. So she has to go out and feed on deer and things?"

"Wait, so you're letting me because she is in love with me? Aylin wants to suck my blood?"

"Well, that the theory I have, and I know she is sucking somethings blood, because she came home early hours two nights ago, with blood on her face and red eyes?" Ellaria sighed, now creating a rumor about her sister. That night Cassian waited up to see Aylin home, it took hours, but then three in the morning came around. Aylin then appeared in the doorway of the room they both shared. "Hello, Aylin, care to explain where you have been?" Cassian spoke as Aylin got glued to the spot in the middle of the room. "I knew you would realise soon. I just didn't think it would be now."

"Where have you been? The last three nights, I have worried about you?" Cassian spoke, then flicking the lights on. "I have been out feeding." Aylin sighed, looking ashamed at herself; Cassian then looked at her with understanding and shock. "Why didn't you tell me Aylin, I would have been ok with this. I just don't understand how this all works?"

"I haven't told you, Cassian, because this is something I hate about myself?" Aylin shrugged as Cassian walked closer, opening his arms. Aylin looked at him with caution but couldn't resist Cassian's warm and inviting open arms; Cassian then whispered into her ear, "We are ok no matter what, Aylin, I love you." The words quickly calmed Aylin, making her feel safe and accepted for the first time in a long time. The pair sat there talking about what this could mean for hours, but then Aylin came clean. "What why would you do that? This is something serious, Aylin!"

"I know, but I didn't want you to worry. I just forgot that that part of me needed things, and now I am here?"

"Look, we are going to have to go and see Martell. Maybe he knows more about this?"