Chapter 4- Page 16

Once they had all found out each other's flaws and strengths, Aylin talked them through it. "You all did perfectly; now we all know what each other are capable of. We have to know how to fight together and iron out the weak points within each of us. Because not even I am perfect, and I know it!" Aylin explained, addressing the next stage, looking at very tiered friends. She then looked into each of their sweaty and weary faces. "Look, we are done for the night. everyone wants to go get a burger?" Aylin smiled warmly, everyone then relaxed with a sigh and a stretch of her musicales. Aylin then put her arm around Ellaria, and they began talking about the past.

"Do you remember much of our parents?" Ellaria questioned, looking up at Aylin innocently. Aylin then had to look forward to a second and not get tangled with emotions. She then nodded her gorgeous head, her icy blue eyes gazing back over her sister. "Yeah, I remember them; why do you ask El?" Aylin questioned with reservation.

"Well, I had only turned six at the time, and these days it was so long ago." Ellaria rambled, Aylin looking uncomfortable, as all she could see in her mind was her father as she took his sword out of his lifeless handover and over again, a memory that had only resurfaced in recent week's.

"I am sorry, El." Aylin snapped as she brushed Ellaria's arm off her shoulder, and suddenly her eyes turned red, and with in a blink, Aylin had vanished. She then used her mind to tell Connor where she was. "Wait, what just happened?" Cassian questioned with a furrowed brow in concern. "Nothing, I just asked her about our parents." As she said that, Connor sucked air in through his teeth. At the same time, Cassian looked at Silvia and while awkwardly rubbing the nape of his neck. "What, was I wrong to ask about the people I love?"

"Look, let's just put it this way. Aylin has only about coming to terms with the idea; her two brothers and sisters are alive. And two nights ago, I saw her at the one place I never thought she would enter again?" Connor stated then with wide eyes, realising she shouldn't have said that, now it was unavoidable. "What do you mean, Connor?" Cassian asked, narrowing his eyes in suspicion. "Nothing, I meant nothing at all!" Connor stuttered, hoping he wouldn't have to explain himself. "No, Connor, who did Aylin visit and why?" Ellaria added, looking up at him with the same look Aylin would have given him in this situation. "Uh, fine. She was at Benedict Marcos's house." Connor stated, hoping we could settle the conversation with little information. The White Knights were lost on the topic in hand. "What does this mean? We have no clue what or who this man is?" Silvia questioned, looking at Cassian and Connor, who looked at each other centimeters from each other's faces. "You better be joking, Aylin would have no business with that man!" Cassian breathed, staring with his icy angel eyes onto Connor's werewolf yellow eyes. Before any harm came to either person, Tobias and Soren pulled each of them back. Connor then spoke, "You're right she wouldn't usually, but there are unprecedented times. What if she is doing it for the right reasons?"

"Ok, someone needs to fill me in!" Silvia exclaimed, breaking the two boys' eye contact.

"Benedict Marcos is a sorcerer or warlock dealing in all magics good, and renowned in the darker," Ellaria spoke ominously, describing the warlock to the white knights. Silvia's face looked over at Cassian in unease, then looked at all of her Knights, who were in shock. "Well, how bad could this really be? I mean, she must have a good reason?" Silvia spoke in the confidence of her life long friend and co-leader. Cassian then looked over at her with a nod, "I agree, we can bring this up to her later; she needs to stop keeping secrets. Aylin is impossible! " Cassian growled in frustration of all the secret-keeping happening from Aylin. It also had a lot to do with the fact that he loved her and that all he wanted to do was profess this. But this was not something he knew of, emotions were illusive to Cassian, and he had never been in love or any thing close before. Being a mere twenty-two, he had never considered love until he met her, with her gorgeous features, her soft warm-toned white skin, and the fact she always wore a burgundy leather jacket. They were now walking back the way they came, through the maze of warehouses on 22nd street, trying to dodge the sight of any ill-wished attention.

"Look, Cassian, we need to get back; I think I just saw a demon scoping the area?" Ellaria stated Cassian's eyes became wide and vigilant, making sure he hardly blinked. "What, yes, we need to leave, now !" Cassian whispered harshly, making sure they all kept a low profile, as they made their way out from the maze of Wearhouse's. little did they know that Connor was talking about the born wolf gift of telepathy. 'Aylin, we think we have a demon around us; what do we do?'

'Ok, keep calm and quiet, find warehouse ten; it should be two down from you. I am already here!' Aylin responded as she used her vampire powers and telepathy at the same time. She neglected to tell them that she made sure that the demon could see her, and she masked the scent of the others. But Connor put the plan into action. "Ok, everyone follows me; Aylin told us to meet her at warehouse ten; we just need to keep down and out of sight?" whispered Connor in a low tone. "Wait, how did you call Aylin at that time?"

"I didn't?" Connor added, looking at Kana, not knowing why she would ask.

"Look, Kana, it's a wolf thing; all of them can use telepathy to contact each other," Ellaria whispered, following Connor as they each kept low and in the shadows of the streetlights. Connor then notices Aylin on the roof and saw the door ajar. But little did anyone know that that was where everything began to fall apart.