Page 13

By now, Aylin had been in New York for three months, and they still hadn't been to the field because Baze's men had been running the New York streets of late. She could tell because they all had the same look. Scruffy, with all back suits and long black and red capes. Most didn't look like humans either; some had tails handing out the end of the bottom of their cloaks, while others had horns and wort's on their faces.

Finally, they were all out and walking on the street's once again and were on their way to make plans with Tobias; as he couldn't come around, Connor and Aylin both knew they would be looking at Tobias, he wasn't hard to miss, and in the community, he was a runner. While out, Connor interjected. "Wait, I want to go in here a sec," Connor announced, stopping by an alleyway. Without hesitation and a bounce in his step, Connor proceeded to walk down the dark path. Aylin then pushed her way to the front, and with her leadership, the others followed. As Connor hung out the blue metal door, pausing, turning to the group, remembering something. "Oh, yeah." He exhaled. "When you go in, don't touch anything and especially don't offend the customers." He stated, looking directly at the Onyx four. As they looked awkwardly from side to side. From outside, they could hear muffled music and a crowd of people. Once they had walked in, all they could see was big biker looking dudes with there wives and families. "What is this place, Ay?" Soren whispered. "This was my home, now be nice." Once they arrived at the bar, everyone noticed Connor talking to a guy. "Hey, so good to see you again!" Aylin exclaimed, walking towards the tallest and most muscular guy in the bar. Everyone watched as they expected her not to get a warm welcome.

"Hey, so good to see you again, kid!" Exclaimed the big guy opening arms to the five-foot-nothing Aylin as she had a glowing smile on her face. Aylin then began talking to him and pointing to the somewhat hesitant group of lost souls she had dragged in. Connor then casually walked back to the lost sheep and asked if they were ready to leave. "Well, we are, but I am not sure Aylin is. She started talking to that weirds scruffy, long-haired dude over there?" Kana spoke with a scrunched up face. Connor then cast an eye over to Aylin and chuckled at the group. "You guys need to be kind, this is her pack, and she is securing half of you a place to live for a while," Connor informed them. He then had an impulsive thought and decided to get up on the wooden platform to address the pack. Which caught the attention of Aylin and Tobi. "Everyone, I want you to welcome some new faces, the White Knights and the Onyx Core, or whatever. They are on our side as things may be changing around her. But please be nice and give them a warm welcome to the pack!" Connor instructed, knowing that the pack could be a little unpleasant to outsiders.

Before they all knew it, Aylin was walking back over to them, with this giant of a man, who looked like he had just been in a bar fight. As he got closer, he smelt of day old beer and crisps. "Everyone, this is Tobias, my excellent friends, and he is willing to let some of you sleep in his spare rooms?"

"Wait, this is Tobias?" Silvia responded with kind eyes.

"Yes, this Tobi, now I am going to take the White Knights to his townhouse; we will then all meet up tonight at the football pitch!"

"Wait, wait, whoa, I am not going to this guy's house!" snarked one of the white nights looking in discussed. "I have followed all the obesity's peacefully, but this is one I refuse completely!" a female with angular features and a furrowed brow, with her hand, covering her neck and chest in protection. "Neith can really be rude sometimes!" Aylin scowled at her, fiercely folding her arms and sitting in her hip. "I don't care, I am not doing this, Connor's un-hoover floor is more acceptable. that what I imagine to be an alcoholic's bottle filled den!"

"What did you say!" Tobias bellowed, attempting to keep calm as Aylin began to walk towards her, but Aylin holding him back. "I said what I said and meant it!" Neith stated, not budging as everyone looked with horror. "Neith, you don't want to get one anyone's bedside here!" Aylin warned in a calm tone. while the others noticed the pack closing in around them. "Gone on then, miss knows it all, tell me why!" Neith snarked once again. Aylin now crawling in her own skin, trying to keep her nature at bay. In between this, Connor warned the others, telling them to escape knowing he couldn't control this either. "Because we are in a werewolf den, and with this being my pack, so when some insults me here, I can't control it!" Aylin explained as she gulped. Neith then began to realise the gravity of the situation. "Look, ok, I apologise!" Neith panicked, seeing the other's leave. "Look, Neith, just walk out the door now!" Aylin snarled, not able to control what was happening. "Boy, calm down, she didn't mean it!" Aylin shouted, turning around as Connor pulled her into him. Now stroking her hair and whispering things he knew would calm her. Cassian saw this as he peered through a small gap in a wall.

The pack then calmed down and went back to their tables silently. The next thing he could see was Aylin talk to Connor and then walk into another room while Connor walked out to the others. "Hey guys, you ready to leave here?" Connor sang as he stood in the door way. "Wait, isn't Aylin coming with us?" Archer noted not wanting to leave his sister alone, knowing she was being hunted. "No, sh- she is going to stay here for the night." Connor started, rubbing the nape of his neck in awkwardness. Everyone now looking at Neith with anger. "What?" she shrugged like a child. "Neith, you have done hard damage to Aylin's trust; you alone are holding back the inevitable battle from being in our favour?" Silvia spoke with a hand on her shoulder and, staring wisely at Neith, then looked at the floor in shame, "I will go in and apologies to them both." Neith considered looking at everyone fleetingly. Connor then looked at her with understanding, but with rolled eyes, he sighed. "Look, I will take you in, but she still won't be home tonight?" Connor noted to the group.

"Why not? She told us she was going with us?" Cassian pronounced in a dominant tone. Connor then looked at him without saying a word and then walked through the door with Neith.