Page 15

As the rain poured heavily on a moonlit evening, Aylin began walking off, "Look, come on, let's get to the football ground; we have to start somewhere." Aylin announced, clearly angry with Chaska's little regard for Aylin. Everyone walked away with her apart from Chaska. "Really, are we not going to talk about this? Who are you, Aylin, and why have I never seen you like this?" Chaska expelled in front of everyone.

"Chaska, I haven't changed; this is just life," Aylin claimed to fling her hands in frustration.

"No, Aylin, this is not you; you have become self-centered, more prone to change; I am never sure what personality is going to come out next. You also have not spent time with your siblings since they found out you were alive; you also can't see what's right in front of you. Not to motion the fact you haven't devised a plan for this supposed war as of yet!" Chaska screamed with tears rolling down her face, not in sadness in betrayal; she felt that Aylin was not obeying the angel's laws. "No, you are right, Chaska. I haven't been myself. Lately, I haven't gotten close with my siblings; maybe there are things right under my nose. But don't ever say I haven't thought one minute about this war and what this could mean for all. I haven't got close to anyone, and I have been distant with all of you, simply because I know the war we face, and I can't bear to lose a soul!" Aylin gulped, taking a breath as she began to show her weaker self. "I care about every one of you here, and I am doing what I think is best. Look, Chaska, you can either fight with me, or you might as well tell Baze I am here." Aylin then looked at everyone, speechless and ashamed for all at one point had questioned her leadership.

Aylin then stood in tears and in thought and took her sword out and looked at the sky. "I Aylin Kingstone, relinquish my pledge to the Wh-" As she was about to give up her position, Silvia stopped her. "Aylin, no!" Silvia looked at her with wide eyes knowing this would change everyone's outcome. "I have to, it is clear that the life I have lead is not in the knight's interest, and I can not serve my purpose as even partial leader." Aylin with a heavy heart.

"She is right Aylin, don't do this; you need to have the angels!" Chaska spoke sternly as she walked two steps closer. As she did, Tobi and Connor stepped forward, doing what they did best. 'We pledge our allegiance to the cause and the good of the battle.'

They began to chant as then Aylin's siblings stepped forward and took the oath; it was an oath that had been made when the destruction of Ghostvalley, all people knew it it was the oath to be in a front line these days. 'And to our leader Aylin Kingstone, who has chosen to Valiantly take on the war of all wars. We Pledge to fight Baze in the darkest of days when his evil darkens our doorstep we will not run, we will fight fearlessly!' Aylin then looked at them all with composure as, by this time, everyone had taken the oath of her people. But Chaska hadn't; she remained there. Aylin looked at her, wishing she would take the oath. "I am sorry, Aylin, I can't go with you; I want to go home. I hope you survive, and I see you again, Aylin." Chaska sobbed as a white light surrounded her, and before Aylin could change her mind, she had gone. After a few seconds, Aylin turned back to the others, looking distraught. "Look, we need to get to the football place now; we need to know what each other can do, and then we can start looking at formations!" Aylin spoke, trying not to get detracted. "Yeah, that's my sister!" Archer cheered as he then swung his arm over her shoulders and walked with her; now he knew she actually did love them as siblings; they weren't just helping. Aylin smiled at him and then held her hand out to Ellaria, trying to connect with everyone. "Look, I am sorry I have been absent; I will try and do better." Aylin smiled, putting her head against Ellaria's red hair, and sighed.

After twenty minutes, everyone was climbing over the fence and gaining access to the football ground. Aylin then stood in the middle while the others began to circle her. Aylin then rolled up the sleeves of her burgundy leather jacket, then giving out some instructions. "Ok, well, let's get to work; we all have to be comfortable with each other, we have to be accept each other and do not piss anyone off in an unpredictable state!" Aylin exclaimed, making it clear to each person on that field. "Ok, Cassian, boys, Ellaria. Let's go; I need to see your skills!" Aylin called, looking at the four. "With or without weapons?" Soren added with a focused stair. Aylin then smirked as she crouched with the same stair. "Let's have an unfair game, nothing off limits, just don't leave the pitch?" Aylin ran at them, yelling.

As she engaged in the fight, not wanting to waste time. Archer made contact first with Aylin Archer, they both began fist fighting, each of them blocking the other relentlessly until Ellaria got into the fight. Pressing her sword to the small of Aylin's back, she then punched Archer in the face, causing him to let go of her jacket, and Aylin turned her attention to her little sister. Spotting Soren and Cassian lurking on both sides of her peripherals. Aylin then pulled her stone out, and as it unraveled into a sword, Ellaria took the first strike, Aylin just being able to block in time. Now noticing the boys on her sides getting closer. Aylin then somehow got Ellaria's sword and then finished the fight by ending up in the crowd of seats. Aylin then jumped back down and used her speed to run around as quickly as she got there. They then all bowed each other out and walked back to the circle.