Chapter 23

Venom's POV

Poker night this week I was greatly looking forward too. I have been packing all week while helping Stella with the kids taking them to their games and practices, and Vanessa's physical therapy. This was much needed. 

I sat at the table with a beer. "I see Smoker has decided to join us," Spark said with a chuckle as our third joins the table. "How goes the wedding plans," I asked him. "Fucking hell," he said while running a hand through his hair. "She being a bridezilla," Cable asked him. He shook his head, "No, there's just so much that goes into planning one." Smoker then looked at me, "How's that lady of yours doing with the pregnancy?" I chuckled softly, "She doesn't understand the meaning of rest. I'm refusing to let her pack a single box since we're moving and she is upset by that. To try and keep her busy, I've been having her work on the registry for the baby shower and look at furniture online for the boys' rooms." Spark chuckled, "Short of chaining her to the bed, you maybe unable to get her to rest." 

I chuckled softly, "That's no shit." As we played we asked questions about what we saw in women. "What's the sexiest you've seen your soon to be wife," one of them asked Smoker. "I'd have to say covered in flour after our minor food fight when she was trying to bake cookies last Christmas. The smile she had was the best part. What about you Venom?" "Before the pregnancy it was Stella hiding in our closet from the kids with a bottle of wine and chocolate ice cream with her hair a mess wearing my hoodie," I answered with a chuckle. "During the pregnancy so far it's her standing in the middle of our kitchen tipping a bag of chip crumbs into her mouth at four in morning wearing my shirt, with Dorito dust covering her fingers and corners of her mouth." 

"Why the hell was she hiding in the closet from the kids," Cable asked me. I chuckled, "When you have kids, you'll understand. Whenever she's in the closet, I know to leave her alone and not ask her for anything. That's sudden death." "My fiancé was in our closet with a bottle of whiskey once, told me she was temporarily hiding from wedding planning. I joined her," Smoker said. "First time I ever had sex in a closet. It's rather fun if you know how to get creative." We all laughed at that. Yeah, this was very much needed. 

When I got home the boys were arguing over what to watch on TV, Vanessa was on the couch with her laptop and earbuds in ignoring them, and Jocelyn was eating chips as she watched the boys. "Where's your mom," I asked them. "She was looking through my clothes and putting what's too small for me in a bag for donations," Jocelyn said to me. I went to Jocelyn's room and found Stella sitting between two piles of Jocelyn's clothes and a bag in front of her. "How was poker," she asked me with a smile. "It was fun," I said coming to sit behind her, my legs on either side of hers. I wrapped my arms around her, "So what brought this on?" "I was helping her find something to wear for picture day, and she has hit a growth spurt," she said. "As I was looking through the clothes, I also saw she had stuff she should've gotten rid of a long time ago." She showed me a Paw Patrol night gown from when Jocelyn was much smaller. "You got me there. It's hard to keep up with what they can and can't wear," I confessed, before placing a kiss on the side of her neck. I helped her go through the clothes till everything was sorted. 

We then went to make dinner, country music playing through the speakers, Stella having ended the boys' fight by turning off the TV and turning on the music instead. When 90's Country by Walker Hayes came on I noticed Stella swaying her hips and singing along. She bumped me with her hip as she looked up at me. I laughed softly and took her hand and pulled her to me and danced with her as we waited for the timer to count down. Seeing her smile as she sang along made my heart swell. I'm not someone who dances and sings, yet with her I can't help but want too. I wasn't into country, much preferring rock, but she made me want to listen to it because I love seeing her like this. Happy and having fun. 

After the song ended I chuckled, and gave her a kiss. When dinner was ready we all sat at the table and talked about everyone's day.  Tonight the boys did the dishes while Stella and I went to our room. She took her hair down from it's bun and it hung in tangled waves. She ran her fingers through it. "Anything interesting happen during poker," she asked curiously. I shared with her our conversations and she rolled her eyes. "In those moments I'm not sexy at all." I chuckled, "You're the sexiest at those times." Out of curiosity I asked her the question about myself as I sat on the bed.

"You have so many moments," she said as she straddled my lap. "Is that so," I asked with a raised eyebrow. She nodded, "I have several moments where I found you hard to resist. One of them being when you were putting Jocelyn's hair up while multitasking and helping Tyson with his homework. Another where you were working on your bike with the boys. Helping Vanessa paint her nails the other day to help get her mind off of what happened to her. Anytime you're being an amazing father is when I find you so hard to resist." I couldn't resist kissing her any longer. She returned it just as passionately, her arms going around my neck. 

I trailed my kisses down her neck as my hands bunched up the end of her shirt as I slipped my hands under it to run along her stomach. "Dad! Jocelyn won't leave me alone!" Vanessa yelled. "Never fails," I whispered to Stella and she laughed. "Oh the joys of having kids," Stella said. "Dad, Vanessa hit me!" Jocelyn yelled. "She's lying!" Vanessa yelled back. I sighed and got up, giving her another kiss. "Don't take too long," Stella said as she made her way towards the bathroom as she removed her shirt. Fuck, I thought before leaving the room to deal with the kids. After getting them to stop fighting I went back to my room. I stripped off my cut and shirt as I headed towards to bathroom. I looked over Stella's naked body, following the trail of soap that made it's way from her neck, between her breasts, down her growing stomach. I let my eyes trail back up to her face where she had a teasing smirk and lust in her eyes. I was one lucky man.