Chapter 13

Venom's POV

This weekend it was just me and the girls for our monthly daddy daughter date. It was Jocelyn's choice and she wanted to go to the large arcade that was put in not that long ago. As we were getting ready to leave, Vanessa came into the living room, looking embarrassed. "Dad, I just started my first period," she blurted out to me. I froze, "Uh..." I held up a finger, "G-Give me a second." I called Stella. "I thought it was daddy daughter weekend," she said and I could hear the boys in the background. "What the fuck do I do," I asked her. "Vanessa just started for the first time, and I uh, yeah. Help?" I didn't have that body part. I just know they hurt, they bleed, it means they're not pregnant, and they get moody. 

Stella burst into complete laughter. I had to wait two full minutes before she calmed down. "In your bathroom, under your sink, I left my little blue pouch," she told me. I went to my room and looked under my bathroom sink. I found it easily. "Give her the pouch. It has a couple of pads in it," she explained to me. "The last time it was just us girls, I already took care of teaching her how to use women hygiene products. If she starts hurting there is some pain killers to help with the cramps. There should be enough pads to last her today and tonight, and I'll be by first thing tomorrow morning to pick her up to take her shopping." I did as she said and Vanessa took the pouch. 

I could hear Stella snicker on the other end of the line. "I don't have that body part," I told her. "I never thought to look into that kind of stuff. I didn't even know what age it could happen." "It has been recorded that it can happen as young as seven," Stella informed me and my eyes went over to Jocelyn who was watching TV. 

"Jocelyn is fine," she assured me. "I started the summer before my freshman year of high school. Every female is different." "I'm glad you find this amusing," I said to her. "Oh I find it hilarious," she admitted with a giggle. "I'm sure there are things the boys have gone through that you didn't know what to do," I told her. "Not yet, but I'm expecting it any day with them," she said to me. "And that is," I asked her. "They're going into puberty, the erections can start at any time, and I don't know what to do when they do," she confessed to me. Given she didn't have much time with their father, she probably never got to know. 

"I've got it," I assured. "Thanks Venom," she said to me. "Any time baby girl," I said to her. "You guys enjoy your day, I'll see you tomorrow," she said before hanging up. 

When Vanessa was ready, we left. "You okay," I asked her. "Yeah I'm fine," she told me with a nod. She then looked at me, "So I heard what you called Stella." I chuckled softly, "Did you now?" She nodded, "How long have you guys been together?" "Since the fair," Jocelyn answered for me. "Daddy won her a teddy bear at the games. Me and Uncle Spark saw them." "And you didn't tell us," Vanessa asked me, shocked. I shrugged, "We didn't hide it. We wanted to see how long it too you guys to figure it out." "Tyson knows," Jocelyn told us. "We saw you two cuddling in the booth when we went for pizza after his first game." Vanessa turned to face the backseat, "And you guys didn't say anything?" "We were playing games and got distracted," Jocelyn said simply. 

"You're not mad that I'm with her are you," I asked her. "Of course not," Vanessa said quickly. "I'm really happy. She is really nice and caring." I nodded, "Good." "I like her lots too," Jocelyn said. I smiled, happy they were okay with it. 

Stella's POV

I opened the door to Venom's house, the boys following me inside. Venom and I agreed to swap kids for the day to get through out day of puberty talk with them. After giving Venom a quick kiss, I left the house with the girls in tow and took them to the store. We went to the feminine products and I was talking to Vanessa through the different kinds. We decided to grab small packs of different kinds so she could figure out what she liked best. "You should have seen dad's face when I told him," Vanessa said with a giggle. "I have never seen him so stunned." Jocelyn then mocked how Venom had reacted and it had Vanessa and I laughing as we walked towards the candy aisle. Poor Venom, I thought as I laughed along with the girls. 

After that, I decided to take them out for something to eat. "So how is the job searching going," Vanessa asked me. I sighed, "Not so good." "You're not gonna move are you," Jocelyn asked, sadness in her eyes. "No," I assured her. "I'm putting in tons of applications, it just takes time." That made her smile and nod. "I have a question," Vanessa said to me. "What is it," I asked her. "Cody and I have our eighth grade formal coming up. Will you go dress shopping with me? I love dad, but he would rather I be covered from head to toe," she told me. I smiled, "I'd love too Vanessa." I then smirked, "Did any boys ask you to the dance?" Her cheeks reddened. "Uh Jimmy Lison did. He's our school's running back on the football team. He is also on the track team and has broken two of our district's records." She then began to tell me about him, and I found it nice. I know she was scared to be able to talk to Venom about boys and such. Venom was over protective, not wanting his girls to even think about mature things like that. 

"Do you know if Cody is planning on asking anyone," I asked her. She shrugged, "I don't know if he wants to go. Him and Tyson are always turning things down that make you spend money." I straightened. "Well, the talent show is coming up, and the tickets are available for sale right now," she explained. "The talent show is a fundraiser to help with the end of the year field trips to allow us go somewhere cool at the end of the year. Six grade got to go to the zoo and aquarium, seventh grade went to the amusement park, and eighth grade got to go to the water park last year. It was really fun." My heart squeezed at the thought of the boys giving up opportunities to have fun with their friends. 

After we ate, we went back to the house and the boys each had a box. I raised an eyebrow at them then at Venom. I then decided, I was better off not knowing. Vanessa went into the bathroom to put away her things while Jocelyn ran off to her room. "Have fun," he asked me. I nodded with a smile, "Yeah. And you?" He chuckled softly, "Wasn't so hard." He pulled me towards him and kissed me. "Get a room," Cody yelled out while Tyson laughed. Venom chuckled softly, "If only we could." He had whispered it, and thankfully only I had heard it. 

"I've got a couple of job interviews tomorrow, do you mind picking up the boys tomorrow after their practices," I asked him. "Not at all baby," he said to me. "I have poker tomorrow evening with a few of the guys, but I'm not gonna be out too late. Will I find you still here tomorrow night?" I smiled softly, "If you don't mind." "Not at all," he said with a smirk. I then turned to the boys, "Okay boys, let's get going. We got an early morning with school and such." "Thank you Venom," Cody said and Tyson smiled with a nod before the two went out to the car. I gave Venom one last smile before I followed after them.