Chapter 11

Venom's POV

It was late by the time I got home from the meeting. I walked quietly through the living room, not wanting to wake the boys up. I went into my room and saw Jocelyn had joined Stella in bed, probably having had a nightmare. Stella's arms were wrapped around her, cuddling her. I grabbed a pair of sweats and changed in the bathroom since I wasn't going to sleep in my underwear with my daughter in the bed. I slipped into the bed on the other side of Jocelyn, and stretched my arm across the both of them.

All too soon the alarm was going off. Jocelyn grumbled and cuddled into Stella's chest when I tried getting the two out of the bed. I chuckled and took away the blanket, and left the room, hearing the two complain. I made sure the others were getting up before going to make breakfast. The kids slowly made their way to the table as I finished making the food. While they sat down to eat, I went to the bedroom where Stella was standing in the bathroom, brushing out her hair. "How did it go last night," she asked me after she put her hair in a ponytail.

"We spent the time coming up with revenge plans," I told her while grabbing a pair of jeans from my closet. "Anything that should have me worried," she asked me. "Just know, I would never do anything that would result in me one hundred percent dying," I assured her. "That doesn't have me worrying any less," she confessed with a sigh. "I would much prefer a plan that has a hundred percent chance of you surviving."

"I know Baby girl," I said with a sigh. "If something happens to you, what's gonna happen to the girls," she asked me. "Spark gets custody," I answered. It was something he and I agreed on the moment Kimmy left me. "I'll still be here for them," she told me. I gave her a soft smile, "Thanks."

"Out of curiousity," I said. "If something happens to you, who gets the boys?" "The state," she said with a sigh. "My mom died not long after their dad, so they only have me. Samson's parents cut all contact with me after his funeral. Last I heard they sold their house and moved somewhere out of country." Being a ward of the state wasn't something I wanted for those boys.  They'd end up getting separated which is the last thing they need.

"If anything happens to you, I'll take those boys," I told her. "I've been a ward of the state, and it's a shit life to have. Even if you and I don't work out, I will still take those boys." She smiled softly, "You already have your hands full with the girls. I wouldn't want to burden you with more." "Baby girl, I have a rather large family to help," I told her.

She nodded, "Okay." She gave me a kiss before leaving the room to go eat breakfast while I finished getting dressed. After we all ate, I took Stella to work, then the kids to school before going to the compound.

"You're up early," Spark commented when he saw me. "I had to get Stella to work and the kids to school," I said while going to the coffee pot. "Something wrong with Stella's car," Spark asked. I shook my head, "She's working a triple and I wasn't comfortable with her driving after she got off work so I offered that she and the boys stay at my place for a couple of days."

"I see," he said with a nod. "They still haven't found other waitresses?" I shook my head, "Stella said Lautner is interviewing women today, but who knows how long its gonna be before he actually hires any of them." "She's gonna make herself sick working like that," Spark stated and I nodded in agreement. "She said she's looking for other work. The problem is that we're going into the holidays so most positions are seasonal and aren't offering much for pay and hours." "By the time the holidays come around, that diner will be even busier, killing her," Spark told me. Lautner was insane for opening that twenty four hour diner, but it was making him some good money with all the truckers that came through at all hours, as well as all the bikers and partiers who like to stay out late.

"Do you know what other places she's applied for," Spark asked while taking a cigarette out of his pack. I shook my head, "She didn't mention which ones." Spark nodded and I could see the gears turning. "What are you thinking about," I asked him.