Chapter 19

I woke up to the alarm clock going off. "I've got the kids," Venom said beginning to get up. "You just got out of the hospital," I said as I looked up at him. "Woman, you need to get some rest," he said to me. "You've been running yourself into the fucking ground. My wounds healed while I was at the hospital and I feel fine. You don't need to worry," he said to me. I tried to protest but he shut me up with a kiss. "I've got this," he said to me. "Get some rest." 

I sighed, too tired to fight and protest. "I'll be back soon," he said before getting up to get dressed. He gave me a kiss before leaving. I rolled over and went back to sleep. 

When I woke up again, I could hear water from the kitchen and the sound of dishes clanging slightly. I looked at the clock and saw it was almost noon. I crawled out of bed and threw on his hoodie that I have claimed as mine. I left the room and saw Venom had cleaned the entire house. I felt bad that I hadn't kept up with it better.

He turned when he heard me and gave me a soft smile. He dried his hands on a towel before pulling me towards him. He gave me a kiss, "How'd you sleep?" "Really well," I said and he nodded. "Are you hungry," he asked me. "Starving," I answered. He chuckled, "How about this. Since I just finished cleaning, let's go out and get something to eat?"

I nodded, "That sounds amazing." I got dressed and ran my brush through my hair. I tossed it into a pony tail before slipping on my combat boots. He took my hand and lead me out to the car. "I'm sorry for not keeping the house very clean," I said to him. "Baby girl, you already had a shit ton of things you had to deal with," he said to me. "It's okay."

We got to a pancake house and he opened the door for me. I sat in a booth and he sat across from me. "So when do we find out the genders," he asked me curiously. "Soon," I said teasingly. "Vanessa is wanting to do one of those gender reveal parties." "What the fuck is that," he asked me confused. "Its where, instead of the doctor telling you, they write it down and you have them seal it in an envelope for you to give to the one in charge of the party. They're the only one who knows. They then find a creative way to reveal the gender. Some do those colored smoke things, some color the inside of a cake, while others did colored balloons or confetti," I explained to him. 

He still didn't seem to fully understand so I pulled out my phone to show him. He nodded, "Okay. That's fucking weird." I laughed softly, "I take it you didn't do anything like that with the girls?" He shook his head, "Hell no. I was there during the sonograms and they simply told us. Did you do that with the boys?" "I didn't do a party, but my mother had been so excited to find out the genders of the boys, that I thought to play around a little and make her reveal it by popping a balloon that had colored confetti when I was pregnant with Cody. When I was pregnant with Tyson, I had given her a cupcake that was colored blue on the inside," I explained to him. He nodded, "With the kids being so excited we can do something for them." That sounded like a great idea. 

We then talked as we ate breakfast. "Are you still working the bar," he asked me. I nodded, "Yeah, mostly just behind the bar though, no more walking about the crowded the bar, and he is having me take more sitting breaks when not pouring." He nodded, "Good. Spark told me about your high blood pressure." I sighed softly, "Of course he did." "He did it because he cares," he said to me. I nodded, "I got that when he locked me in a room till I got some rest." "He shouldn't have had to result in such drastic measures," Venom told me seriously. I sighed, "I know." 

He smiled softly, "I'm back though so it's okay. Now then, let's talk about how I noticed you are already showing and your pants don't fit like they used too." "I haven't had time to shop," I admitted. He nodded, "We have time today." I went to protest because he needs to be taking it easy since he only recently got out of the hospital, but he gave me his trademark stare and I returned it. We held each other's stare for a few minutes before I caved, "Fine."