Chapter 9

Venom's POV

I kept asking myself why I invited her to stay the night, but I never got the answer. When she got there, I stopped questioning it. After all, what man in their right mind would question asking a woman as beautiful as her to share their bed? Of course sleeping was the only thing that's gonna happen between us, but still. 

I let her put her things in my room. We decided to get comfortable before sitting on the couch to watch TV. I wasn't paying attention to what was on the screen though. I couldn't help but notice only her. Her tank top hugged her, and it was easy to tell she wasn't wearing a bra. Her breasts were large and her stomach wasn't flat. She had a muffin top from carrying her boys. She also didn't have a thigh gap. She wasn't over weight by any means, just incredibly curvy. Fuck me, I thought. Why is it now that my thoughts are leading this way after being around her for a while? 

It doesn't help that she was tucked into my side on the couch. I was only in my briefs since the kids weren't here and she's seen me like this before, but I am having to try and keep my thoughts out of the gutter and keep a tent from forming. That was easier said than done. 

"You seem really tense," she said during a commercial break, shifting to look at me. She had shifted enough for me to get a good view of her cleavage. "You okay?" I nodded, "I'm fine." She raised an eyebrow at me. She then smirked at me. Before she turned to face the TV she let her eyes trail down my body to the tent that I couldn't prevent. "If you're too uncomfortable, I can put more clothes on," she said, fully facing the TV. 

"You're fine," I said to her. "I'm just not used to being around a beautiful woman, in like ever." Why the fuck am I tripping up like this? I'm going to make shit awkward at this rate. "I guess you could say I'm in a similar boat," she said and from my angle I could see her cheeks were covered in a blush. "I'm not gonna lie, I am attracted to you stubbornness and all." I couldn't help my scoff, "What's so attractive about me? I'm a single dad and part of a motorcycle club that partakes in some questionable activity." She looked at me then, "I could ask what makes you think I'm beautiful. I'm a single mother who has trouble keeping a job." 

"What makes you beautiful is because you are a single mother," I told her. "You have been alone, handling shit left and right, while doing everything you can to ensure those boys are fed and clothed." "And what makes you attractive is that, yes you are part of an MC, but you put those girls first. You do everything you can for them, and you make sure that nothing you do for the club comes back to hurt those girls. They're happy and healthy, and that's all because of you," she said to me. Had it been from anyone else, I would say they're full of shit, but Stella doesn't bullshit with lies. She speaks the truth, and only the truth. 

I watched as her eyes went to my lips and back to my eyes. "I'm not a good man," I said to her. "That's a load of crap you tell yourself, but I know differently Venom," she said. I then lowered my head and she met me part way, our lips meeting in a hesitant kiss. Then I went in for a more confident kiss, my hand buried in her sandy blonde hair. When my tongue asked for entrance she gave it to me. Our tongues explored and tasted each other, and I had to admit, I was fucking hooked. We kissed till our lips were swollen and we were breathless. I rested my forehead against hers. 

"We can make this work," I said to her in a whisper. "We're stubborn and butt heads often, you sure you got the patience for that," she asked me. "Baby girl, you would be surprised at what I have the patience for," I answered. I saw the slight hesitation in her eyes before she nodded, "Okay." I kissed her again, but didn't make the move to do anything more than that despite my cock straining in my briefs. When we parted again I gave her a smirk, "So when should we tell the kids?" She smiled, "Let's see how long it takes them to figure it out." I chuckled, "That sounds like a good plan." 

I then turned off the TV and took her hand, "Let's get that much needed sleep." I lead her to the bedroom and we laid down. I pulled her to me and she got comfortable with her head on my chest. It didn't take her long to fall asleep while I laid awake thinking of everything that lead up to this moment. Neither of us were actively pursuing the other, but our kids were so adamant that we spend time together, that one thing lead to the other, and now here we are. I didn't expect tonight to turn into a date, but I don't regret it. 

Now here I lay, after six years, I finally can say I have a girlfriend. Stella was different than Kimmy. Kimmy gladly spent the money I made on herself, to pay to get her nails and hair done constantly. She threw money around like it was nothing. She didn't really spend it on the girls though. She didn't give the girls attention like they needed either. I had been blind to it because I was young, trying to get stable in the club to make money to support them. Once she was gone, I saw a change in the girls when they started getting the love and affection they needed from me. Now Vanessa was thirteen and Jocelyn was soon going to turn seven. Two months after she turns seven will mark seven years since Kimmy left me. I don't care about it anymore. She made her decision, and I moved on from it long ago. I know that being with Stella isn't a mistake like it was being with Kimmy. The only good thing that came from being with Kimmy was my girls. Kimmy taught me a lesson though. She taught me my worth. My time and money is worth more than that pathetic whore could ever afford. She also taught me what it's like to be in an unhealthy relationship, which allowed me to know that it would be okay being with Stella. So I guess I could say that, that bitch had her uses after all in the end.