Chapter 25

Venom's POV

We canceled our meeting the day after the shower, and decided to wait them out. It was clear they were having conflict among themselves and we have seen less and less of them as the days go by until we stopped seeing them. Finally some peace and fucking quiet.

"Would you stop," Cody yelled at Tyson.

Almost peaceful, I thought as I went into the media room. Tyson was doing a victory dance, and shaking his butt in Cody's face. Cody hit him with one of the pillows and Tyson glared. "Stopping being a sore loser." Cody rolled his eyes, "Stop being a cheater." "I didn't cheat," Tyson said. "Did too," Cody said. They went back and forth like that and I decided to not even bother. 

I went into the kitchen and found Stella and Jocelyn sitting on the counter, both of them eating out of the tub of ice cream. "Hi daddy," Jocelyn said before popping a spoon full into her mouth. I kissed her on the head before kissing Stella. She offered me a spoonful and I ate it. "Please tell me there is more planned for dinner than just ice cream," I said to her. Her cheeks became a little pink, "I forgot to take the meat out to de-thaw. I got distracted by Vanessa and Tyson fighting. Then Jocelyn asked for help with her homework, and then Cody needed help with his. Then I had heart burn, then wanted ice cream, so now here we are." 

I chuckled and kissed her cheek, "I guess we could all go out to eat since Vanessa is no longer on crutches." "Italian sounds amazing right now," Stella said with a smile. I looked at Jocelyn, "Go put on something clean that doesn't have ice cream on it." I picked her up from the counter and put her down. She ran towards the stairs and I chuckled. I put Stella's ice cream back in the fridge before helping her down from the counter. We told the rest of the kids to get changed to go out before Stella and I went up the stairs to change our own clothes. 

I watched as she took her hair down from her messy bun and ran her fingers through it. She was fucking beautiful and I was one lucky man. She was growing fast thanks to the twins, and every day I was getting more and more excited. The nurseries were almost set up for them across the hall from our room. We've been debating their names for a bit but we've finally settled on Olivia and Zatch. They were rather active at night and loved giving their mother heart burn. 

She put on a red maternity sun dress and her black ballet flats. I traded my ripped jeans for a good pair. My black t-shirt was fine since we weren't going anywhere fancy. She did a side braid and put a little bit of make up on. I ran my brush through my hair before leaving it be. 

I took them to the near by Italian restaurant. Thankfully the kids chose to be on their best behavior when we went in. They didn't argue over who sat where, and they were polite to the waiter, and it was a fucking blessing. Tyson played tic tac toe with Jocelyn on her kid's menu while Vanessa and Cody were looking at something on her phone as we waited for our orders. I laced my fingers with Stella's on the table. 

"How did the job go today," she asked me. "It went great," I told her. "It'll be one of the biggest pay outs I've gotten in a while." She nodded, "That's good." "Once I get the money, I want to take you to get a ring," I said to her. Her eyes widened slightly, "You mean..." I nodded, "Yes Baby Girl, I do. I've already declared you as my Old Lady to the guys, now I just need to make a declaration to the rest of the world that you're mine." Her eyes welled up with tears as she smiled, "I'd love that very much Venom." "I told you he would do it before the twins were here," Cody said. We then watched as Vanessa and Tyson handed him five bucks each while he smiled victoriously. 

"You guys were betting on us getting engaged," Stella asked them. "We knew you would, just betting on when. We thought dad was gonna wait till after the twins got here," Tyson said as he went back to his game with Jocelyn. He dropped the dad word so easily, and it made me so happily. "While Cody thought he would do it before," Vanessa said. "Sparky said he'd do it after the twins were born too so he also owes Cody five bucks." 

Stella and I shared a look and I couldn't help but chuckle softly. Good to know we have their approvals. 

When we got home, Stella went to go take a shower, and I decided to unpack some more of the boxes that were in the living room. I opened one of Stella's boxes, that had been put in storage when she moved into the house since there was no room for it, and saw it was Samson's things. It was his flag and his photo of him in his dress blues. There was then two smaller framed photos of him holding each of the boys at the hospital on the days they were born. You could easily see the love and tears in his eyes as he held them. I smiled softly and went over to the small table we had near the fireplace. I set them up on the table. If it wasn't for this man, I wouldn't have these boys in my life. He also fought and died for our country, he deserved a place in our home. 

When Stella came down down, she was wearing one of my shirts and a pair of yoga pants. She saw the table, and her eyes welled with tears. I knew she missed him, and that he would always hold a place in her heart, but I wasn't the least bit jealous, because I knew she loved me and I knew where I stood. I pulled her to me, and wrapped my arms around her. I gave her a kiss, "I love you." "I love you too Venom," she said before kissing me again. I would forever wonder why she did, but I will never take her love for granted. I was a lucky man to have her in my life, and I was more than ready to have a future with her.