Chapter 21

I'm in the hospital, I realized when I woke up. The room was filled with light from the sun outside. I then noticed Venom was sitting beside the bed, playing a game on his phone. He then looked at me. "How do you feel," he asked me, putting his phone away. "Tired," I whispered. "What happened?" "Your blood pressure spiked and you fainted," he said. He then told me what the doctors have agreed upon and how I should now take it easy. I can't even work! That's insane. Then again, after everything that's happened, I'm not surprised. 

He then let the nurse know I woke up. She came in and asked me a series of questions before letting me know the doctor will be in soon to see me. "How's Vanessa," I asked him, once she left. "She will be able to leave the hospital soon. She's currently high from the pain meds," he told me. He then looked down at the floor, "I won't blame you if you want to leave me. Just know that I'm not letting you leave my life. I need you and our children." I felt my heart clench, "I don't want to leave you Venom. I'm just so scared." He nodded, "I know you are. Usually things aren't this insane. Spark is working at putting this war to an end, so we can go back to having a peaceful life." He then looked at me, "I will do whatever it takes to keep you from leaving me. Even if it means leaving the club." 

I was shocked. This MC has been everything for him, and he was offering to leave it, for me. "Don't do that," I told Venom. "The fact you offered to do that for me, is enough. I just want you to be careful." He nodded and took my hand. He brought it to his lips, "I love you." "I love you too," I said with a soft smile. 

Soon the doctor was in, informing me of everything Venom had already told me. They were gonna keep me under observation for another day before letting me go home. I wanted to go see Vanessa, and see how she was feeling, but that was gonna have to wait unfortunately. Later that day the rest of the kids came to see me. "How are you feeling mom," Cody asked me, clearly worried. I gave him a smile, "I'm fine. I'll be able to go home tomorrow." "She'll have to take it easy once she does get home though," Venom told them. They nodded and then proceeded to tell me how their day had gone. They were so energetic and made me so happy. We talked for a little more until they left to go see Vanessa. 

That entire day I hated being in the hospital, and once I was home, I wasn't looking forward to not doing much. I may go insane.

Venom's POV

I was relieved she didn't want to leave me, but holy fuck I was gonna have to figure out something to keep her busy since she can't work. She's been home for two days now and the woman is restless. I'm about to loose my mind. Tomorrow she was going to the Muffins with Moms thing Jocelyn's school was doing, but that was only one thing to for her to do. We also only had a small window of time to find a house, and move in, and I'll be damned if I let her pack a single item.  Vanessa was also home, not able to do much either while in a cast. Thankfully CPS didn't open a case, since this shit had nothing to do with my parenting skills, its just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I tied my hair back before grabbing my laptop. I sat at the dinning table and began browsing housing listings. I was gonna have to find a big ass house that would accommodate our large family comfortably. Putting the girls in a room together was a disaster waiting to happen. The boys could handle being put in a room together for now, but won't be long till they're in high school and their testosterone will really start to kick in, and so will the fights. At least that's how it was with my brothers and I growing up. I wasn't as close to my brothers as Cole and Tyson are. However, I've noticed with the boys' closeness, they also tend to fight more, while my brothers and I usually stayed away from one another when we were their age. 

Slender arms wrapped themselves around my neck, "Hard at work I see." I smiled softly as Stella rested her chin on my shoulder, "Always." She placed a kiss on my neck before she let go to go look about the kitchen. "What do you want in the new house," I asked her curiously. "A nice master ensuite that has a bathtub I completely fit into," she answered. Such a simple request, I thought with a chuckle. "I will gladly take a small closet if it meant I get that tub," she told me. "You shouldn't have to sacrifice space for your clothes to get a bathtub," I told her. "Besides, if it doesn't have one, I can always replace the tub. I can even put a wall mounted flat screen in the bathroom so you can enjoy your baths properly instead of you risking dropping your phone in the bath." I looked over my shoulder and saw she was opening a bag of beef jerky. "That sounds wonderful," she said to me with a smile. 

She then came and sat next to me in a chair. "What do you want," she asked me curiously. "A big enough back yard for the kids to practice their sports without causing a fight," I answered. Since Vanessa wasn't able to do her cheer leading for the time being, it gives Tyson the back yard to practice his soccer without fighting with her, but it's only a matter of time. "We would need a drive way big enough to allow Cody to practice without risking our cars," she added in. "This is true," I said with a nod. "Plus soon, in a couple of years the three of them will be old enough to drive," she reminded me. "They can't all park in front of the house, it'd annoy the neighbors." "Don't remind me," I muttered softly. Next year Vanessa and Cody would be Freshmen in high school and Tyson would be in eighth grade. Unless he actually does skip a grade. Many of his teachers have been reaching out to Stella about how smart Tyson is. He was recently moved up to eighth grade level english and science classes, and his math and history teachers have been talking about moving him up as well. It was almost the end of the school year, so it maybe pointless to move him, but the principle said if he passes certain tests, they may let him skip eighth grade. He was incredibly smart and we were both so proud of him. 

Luckily with Jocelyn we have a little ways to go before she even starts thinking of driving. We scrolled through, finding several that fit our criteria, but Stella was against the pricing. "Money isn't an issue woman, I have plenty stored in savings," I told her. "These neighbor hoods are for the rich and snobs," she said. "Technically, we fall into the classification of rich," I told her. "Just not sob." "You fall in the classification of rich," she tried to correct and I shook my head. "The moment you put on that necklace, Spark made you an account, and every job I've done since then, part of my earnings have gone into that account. The account is completely in your name, only you can withdraw money from it." Her jaw went slack a little. "Why," she asked softly. "You're one of us Stella, and we take care of our own. Also, I've set it up so that if anything does happen to me, you get everything. The girls, house, money, everything," I told her. Her eyes widened slightly, tears filling them. She then looked down at her lap. "When you were in the hospital, I set it up so that if anything ever happens to me, you get everything as well. Including the boys." I cupped her cheek and she looked at me. "I love you Stella, and I promise, I'm not going anywhere. And I refuse to let you go anywhere." She smiled softly, "I love you too Venom."