Chapter 10

My weekend with Venom was filled with a lot of naps, cuddling, and kissing. Neither of us moved to do more than that, wanting to see where our relationship went from there. After that weekend, work picked up like crazy. I've had to pull countless doubles, racking in a ton of tips, and a ton of over time. That weekend with Venom allowed me to really get recharged for this, but now my battery was beginning to run on empty. Today though was Tyson's first soccer game, and I did everything I could to ensure I got the day off so I could get a good nap in before his game. 

"Hurry up mom," Tyson said eagerly, dressed in his silver and blue soccer uniform. Cody stood by the door with him, eager to see his brother play. I smiled, "I'm coming." The ran out to the car eagerly and I couldn't help my laugh. At the field Cody was on the bleachers, texting on his phone, while I was stuck listening to the other moms brag about their kids. I had only come to contribute the water bottles I brought to the team when they flocked. I couldn't be like these women. "Stella," Jocelyn said before she hugged me suddenly. I smiled, "Hey honey." I then saw Venom. "Hope we're not late," Venom said to me. "You're just in time," I said with a nod. I could feel the looks from the other soccer moms, but I ignored them. I noticed Vanessa was already on the bleachers with Cody and they were looking at something on his phone that had them laughing. Venom, Jocelyn, and I joined them on the bleachers. 

"Those moms seem not to approve of you," Venom said to me. I shrugged, "They seemed to not approve of me when they learned I was a single mom." I watched as his jaw clenched. "It's fine Venom." "They probably see you as some whore who's baby daddy left them," he muttered. "They can think that all they want. I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to watch Tyson," I told him and he nodded. 

As Tyson played, I noticed his complete concentration as he focused on the game. Anytime he scored a goal he had the biggest smile on his face. Near the end of the game they were tied. There wasn't much time left. Tyson was passed the ball and he took off with it down the field. Some of the members on the opposing team tried cornering him for the ball. He took a chance, seeing a clear shot. He kicked the ball as hard as he could, sending it flying past the opposing team, and straight into their net, the goalie missing it as he dove to block the ball. 

The ref then blew the whistle signaling the end of the game and the crowd cheered. Tyson ran over to us afterwards. "That was so cool," Cody said happily. "Congratulations on your win Tyson," I said to him. "You were amazing." Tyson smiled, "Thanks." "I say we all go out for pizza to celebrate," Venom suggested to us. The kids cheered excitedly and I gave Venom a soft smile. 

We went to a pizza buffet that had a large arcade. Tyson had changed from his cleats to his Vans in the car before running inside with Vanessa, Cody, and Jocelyn. Venom chuckled softly as he opened the door for me. After getting a couple of slices for myself we sat in a booth. The kids were talking about some Tik Tok trend while Venom and I ate in silence beside each other. 

When the kids finished, Venom gave them some money and they ran off to the arcade. "You spoil them," I said with a soft smile. He shrugged, "They're not spoiled to the point they're rotten, so it's all good." I laughed softly, "You have a point." He stretched his arm along the back of the booth and I relaxed into him. "Are you still pulling doubles at work," he asked me. I nodded, "Yeah. Unfortunately our other waitress called out for tomorrow though, and she was supposed to have worked the night shift." "Meaning you will be the a triple," he asked me and I nodded. "The morning shift, the afternoon shift, and the night shift."

"Baby girl, this job is going to kill you," he said to me. I nodded, "I'm looking into other jobs that won't work me to death, but can meet their pay and hours. Most though are hiring for the up coming seasonal time and I need more than that. Lautner has a couple interviews tomorrow so we will see how that goes." He sighed softly, "I don't want you driving yourself home after being up for so long, nor do I want the boys being home alone for that long. Come to my place for the next couple of nights. At the rate your pushing yourself, I don't think you're even gonna be alive to watch Cody's first game."

"Eternal slumber," I said dreamily. "Have fun with all four kids." He chuckled, "Yeah right. You're not going anywhere anytime soon."

We talked a little more then cleaned up before going to find the kids. "Come on guys," I said. "We need to get home to pack." "Pack for what," Cody asked me. "Because I'm working a triple, we're going to stay at Venom's for a couple days." "Awesome," Cody said and the kids were soon heading for the door.

Venom chuckled softly as we followed them out. The three of us went back to our apartment to pack. "How long are we going to be there," Tyson asked me. "Just a couple of days," I answered. After we finished packing, I drove us to Venom's.

Once we got there I put my stuff in his room. "Mind if I take a shower," I asked him. He gestured, "It's all yours." He gave me a quick kiss before leaving the room to give me some privacy.

I was in love with the water pressure in his shower. It was so much better than my bathroom. After I finished washing, I dressed in my under wear and a tank top. Venom knocked before coming in. "I had the kids get ready for bed," he told me while pulling me towards him. "I got a call from Spark, we're having an emergency meeting. The Chaos Pack shot two of our men when they were out with their girl friends. They're alive thankfully." "Oh my god, that's horrible," I said in complete shock. I shouldn't be though since they had no problem shooting up a laundry mat for the heck of it. 

He cupped my cheek, "I shouldn't be out too late." I nodded, "Be careful." He then kissed me, leaving me breathless, before he left on his bike.