Chapter 7

Venom's POV

Having Stella over two nights in a row had been strange. It was uncharted territory for me, but the girls really did enjoy having her over. It had been weird the two mornings we woke up and were cuddling. I didn't even cuddle with Kimmy since she always complained about getting too hot. Thursday they had gone back to their place and life went back to almost normal. I was texting Stella regularly. She recently got the boys cell phones as well since now that they were in sports she could communicate with them. Vanessa and the boys had a group chat and were constantly texting each other. 

Today Spark and I were taking Stella to get her new car since the kids were in school. "Did you get any sleep recently," Spark asked her. "A couple of the other waitresses had quit and we couldn't get anyone in until midnight," she said. "I got a couple hours of sleep before you guys came to pick us up." "A couple hours isn't enough," Spark said with a shake of his head. "That's all I live off of," she said. He looked at the two of us, "You two are going to put yourselves into early graves. One of these days, I'm going to take your kids away from you for an entire weekend so you can get some sleep." I didn't challenge that and neither did she on that statement. 

She kept looking over near the used cars since they were cheaper. We had to keep steering her towards to the new cars. Stubborn woman. I noticed occasionally her eyes would wonder over to some of the cars that were fast, powerful, fun, and meant for people who didn't have kids. Eventually she settled on a silver Ford Fusion. "We're putting it under the MC's insurance," Spark told her. "A new car on full coverage is well above what you can pay without crippling yourself." She went to say something, and since I knew it was going to be a protest, I covered her mouth with my hand. She had a challenge in her crystal blue eyes that said she would repeat last time I covered her mouth. 

I noticed Spark shake his head at us before turning to the salesman. After all documents and the car was paid in full, we left. Stella clutched the keys to her, "Thank you." Spark offered her a soft smile, "You don't have to thank us Stella. Just take care of those boys." She nodded, "Always." 

After that we parted ways from her so we could go get a job taken care of. 

I hoisted the crate into the back of the truck at the docks. We were hired as transportation for a weapons dealer. He was paying a ton, not just for the job, but for us to keep quiet about it. I was never one to share shit that wasn't mine to share. This just makes it better. "You still hanging out with that Stella chick," Cabel asked me. "We don't hang out," I told him. "Our kids do." "Mind if I shoot my shot with her," he asked me. I felt a flare up of anger at the question, but I stayed cool about it. I shrugged, "Good luck brother. The woman is a handful." Spark looked at Cabel, "You think you can handle a woman with kids? She's not like the hangers you enjoy sticking your dick into. The woman has priorities and goals, and if you don't fit that, she'll drop you in a heart beat because those priorities and goals are centered around those kids. Plus, if those kids don't like you, it'll hurt the relationship because she wants those kids to be happy." "Not only that but a woman who is used to being alone, is harder to catch the attention of," Doc threw in. 

"And why is that," Cabel asked him. "Because relationships aren't a priority, so they're not paying attention to anyone trying to make an attempt. Not only that, but getting into a relationship will be shakey at first. They're used to handling everything on their own, not having to communicate with someone else on anything they do," I told him. "So maybe a relationship between her and I won't work out, but a few nights of fun wouldn't hurt," he said with a shrug. Spark busted into laughter while I chuckled. "You have more luck sticking your dick in a light socket and it not electrocute you, than you do scoring a few nights of fun with her," I told him. "Come on Venom you managed to get her to spend the night at your place, I'm pretty sure I can," he stated. 

I scoffed and shook my head, "I didn't have sex with her. We literally went to sleep. Plus my walls are thin and we had all four kids at the house." "You could have gagged her," with a shrug. "You're a fucking idiot. I haven't gotten laid in six years." "Maybe that's your fucking problem. Maybe if you get laid, you'll loose that stick that's in your ass," Cabel said. "Maybe if I shoot you, you'll shut the fuck up," I said in reply. "I want to get this job done without blood shed, so let's hurry it up," Spark said. 

We got the job done without a problem and got back to the compound. Piston entered church while Spark and I were counting and dividing the cash we made. "The Chaos Pack has been seen riding around the city. They haven't started firing shots, but we don't know how many are riding around." 

Spark put everything in the safe, "Let's go chase them out of our city." It took us hours to get them out, but so far nothing happened. It was strange. They were planning something, and none of us liked it. It was too casual looking to be an innocent ride around the city. Plus they had their own territory to ride around in. 

That night I got home and saw Vanessa had fallen asleep on the couch waiting for me. It was something she did often, wanting to see for herself that I came home alive and well. My life was dangerous, but it paid the bills and I had a schedule that worked around them easily. I scooped her up into my arms and carried her to her bed. I took off her shoes and covered her. I kissed her forehead before going to check on Jocelyn. She was asleep, clutching her Olaf plush. I had won it for her at the Anniversary Fair that city has every year. The Anniversary Fair was when the city celebrated the day they were established. They have a huge celebration with a fair. It had tons of rides and games. It was a week long, and the school are even out for it. 

It was in a couple of weeks and I planned on taking the girls like I have done every year. This year though, I may invite Stella and her boys. I may even figure out why I had that single moment of anger earlier today. 

I kissed the top of Jocelyn's head and left her room quietly before going to bed myself.