Chapter 18

Venom's POV

The constant beeping was getting on my damn nerves. Someone turn it the fuck off. "Venom," a shakey voice said. It was Stella. I cracked open my eyes, to be suddenly blinded. I groaned, "Fuck it's bright." My throat was incredibly dry and I couldn't talk above a whisper. She adjusted the lights and I was able to open my eyes. I saw Stella and saw tears streaming down her face. "How long was I out," I asked her. "A month and a half," she said with a sniffle. "I was so scared you weren't going to wake up." She then went to let the nurses know I was awake and make some phone calls.

Soon my room was filled with four kids and Spark. Vanessa and Jocelyn crawled into the bed on either side of me. I hugged them both to me as they cried. When they stopped they sat up and wiped their faces. "So what did I miss," I asked them.

"We had the eighth grade formal," Vanessa said before showing me the photos. She looked so beautiful. Stella had spent hours doing her hair and make up, took her to get her nails done and dress shop. She even convinced Cody to go and dress up. They each had dates and looked like they had fun. It killed me that I missed something so important.

The kids went over a lot of things that I've missed, but soon visiting hours were over. Stella had the kids run along  to the car. She gave me a deep kiss before leaving. I looked at Spark, who planned on staying tonight. "So what did I miss," I asked him. "It's a full on war," he said to me with a sigh. He then told me of the people we lost. "Now that you're awake, maybe Stella will finally rest," he told me. "The day you were shot, Vanessa called Stella mom. Since then they continue to call her that, and honestly, she is. She has been doing her best to take care of all four kids, while working, and worrying about you. I had to lock her in one of the rooms at the compound to get her to sleep. She lost her apartment because she was never there and forgot when her rent was due with everything going on, so I and Cabel moved her and the boys fully into your house since she was taking care of the girls. I already have something lined up for her if that's not what you want."

I nodded, "They're fine."

He nodded, "Kimmy tried taking the girls again because you were in the hospital but because I have guardianship and she has no rights, she was shut down. To keep a murder from happening, it's best to keep Stella and Kimmy far apart." He ran a hand through his hair. "A lot of things have changed while you've been in here. Some of it you may not be ready for. Hell I'm not even ready for. This war, it's big." "Bring it on," I said. "The sooner we end it the better."

He nodded in agreement, "My thoughts exactly."

They kept me in the hospital for a week before letting me come home. Stella forced the kids to go to school to allow me a peaceful homecoming. Once inside, I saw it was a little messy, but given everything that's happened, I don't blame them. She looked at me, tears in her eyes, "I've missed you so much. I tried being strong for the kids and for myself. It was so hard." I pulled her to me. She cried as she clutched my shirt. "You stupid fucking coward," she cried. "You nearly died before I could tell you I love you back. God if I was able too, I'd kick your ass to hell and back." "You won't hear me complain if you," I said with a soft chuckle.

She pulled away and pulled an envelope from the pocket of my hoodie that she was wearing, "You will after you see this." I raised an eyebrow as I took it from her. I opened it and my heart stopped at the first bit of a sonogram sticking up from it. I pulled it out all the way, my heart slamming in my chest. Sonograms of, not one, but two little ones, currently growing inside my woman. I then looked at her and I saw the nervousness and the tears in her eyes.

I then felt happiness push away my shock. I pulled her to me, kissing her deeply. She was shocked at first but instantly got over it and kissed me back passionately. When I pulled away, I rested my forehead against hers. "I guess we have no choice but to go with Plan C," I said, smiling. She giggled as she sniffled, "Yeah." I hugged her to me and she tucked her face into my chest.