Epilogue

Venom's POV

I've fucking had it with this boy. Cody grew up into a fucking punk ass kid. He's been arrested three times for weed and drinking under age. The last time it fucking happened, I told him I wasn't going to fucking put up with his shit anymore and he didn't fucking believe me.

Stella has had it with him as well. So when I got home, I made good on my word. I went into his room and found him asleep on his bed. I turned on the light and he groaned. "What the fuck."

"What the fuck is right," I snapped. "I've fucking had it with your shit Cody. Get your shit and get out." He got up, "Where the fuck am I gonna go?" "You should've thought of that before you got arrested again. If you fucking used that brain of yours, you would have dropped those so called friends of yours and straighten the fuck up," I snapped.

"You're a fucking hypocrite," he snapped. "You and mom both did shit that I'm doing, yet your parents didn't fucking kick you out."

"We raised you to be better! We also didn't get arrested. You got caught dealing coke! There is a difference between coke and weed. Weed is legal, coke is shit we wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole," I snapped. "I'm done. Get out."

"You know what," he said as he went to his closet. "Fine." He grabbed his bag and started throwing clothes into it. He tossed his school shit out of his back pack and put clothes into that too. He left without another word.

I sat on his bed, my head in my hands. Where the hell did I go wrong?

The bed dipped as someone sat beside me. I turned my head and saw Stella. Tears fell down her cheeks, and I fucking hated it. It was my fucking fault, but what other choice did I have? I didn't tolerate the drugs he was messing with or those thugs he called his friends. He's seventeen, he's old enough to know better.

"You did what you had too," she whispered to me. "If he comes back, with proof he's gonna change, then I'm gonna let him in," I told her. "But only if he can prove it." She nodded in agreement and gave me a kiss. His siblings were all in agreement with our decision, Tyson being the most pissed off over his brothers actions. Olivia and Zatch were only four and just understood that Cody went away. They don't understand, so we simply said he was going to be at a friend's house.

The reality is, I don't know where he's going to go, and I felt like shit but short of throwing him in juvie, I didn't know what else to do.

A few days later Tyson came home with a split lip. "What happened," Stella asked him. "I confronted Cameron about Cody," Tyson said. Cameron being the little leader of their thug group that got Cody mixed in with this shit in the first place. "Apparently he hasn't seen Cody. I called him a pathetic liar and he hit me.Went to the school office to ask, Cody fucking dropped out. His phone was left here too. Cody went ghost."

I ran a hand through my hair. I can't blame myself for the choices he made, I repeated to myself. "When he gets arrested we'll get a call," Vanessa said with an eyeroll. That we will and then we will have another hard choice to deal with.

Months turned to years, and we didn't get a single phone call. Was he even still alive? My regret and those questions of what if, plagued my mind. Plagued Stella's too. I was beginning to believe, we would never see him again. Every year on Cody's birthday, Stella would lock herself in the room and cry her heart out for the baby boy she missed and there was nothing I could do to help her with her pain. I went out looking for him, tried using my resources. Tyson meant it when he said, Cody went ghost. I've never seen someone disappear so easily and quickly.

Until a call we weren't expecting came, ten years later.....