Chapter 24

The new house was large and I was in love with it. As soon as I unlocked the door Cody and Tyson ran up the stairs to call dibs on their rooms. Jocelyn was slower behind them. Vanessa couldn't join in due to her leg and still being on crutches. "No running," I yelled at the kids who didn't listen. I sighed, giving up. They were excited which was understandable.

Venom and some of the bikers were then in bringing in the furniture. Who needs a moving company when you have a whole club of bikers to help you move? Today we move in, tomorrow is the baby shower, and then the day after that Venom and Spark are going to meet with Chaos Pack's President and VP and try to come up with some kind of truce because they're tired of the blood shed. I want to bring our twins into this world and not worry that Venom won't be here to see it.

It was late by the time everything was in the house and put in the right rooms. I didn't get to do anything and I was feeling exhausted. Venom stood in the kitchen covered in a layer of sweat from a long day of lifting, shirtless. We had ordered pizza for dinner since I haven't discovered our kitchen things. The kids were in the living room watching the TV he had set up for them to keep them out of the way. As I ate, I let my eyes trail over his body. He smirked as he lifted a beer to his lips. "I would love to break in the bedroom baby girl, but I'm in need of a shower and I'm exhausted," he said to me. I nodded, "I know. I'm still admiring the view." He chuckled softly, with a shake of his head. Once he was done eating, he went up the stairs to go shower and I was so tempted to follow him. I needed to clean up the trash, I told myself. I had to also make sure I had remembered to set clothes aside for the baby shower tomorrow. Pregnancy brain isn't so nice to me this time around, and Venom has found it rather amusing. Twice I have put my phone in the freezer and once I put my car keys in the silverware drawer. 

I went up the stairs after reminding the kids to clean up when they were done. Our bed was put together, no sheets or blankets on it. Who knows where those are. I looked through some of the boxes for them. "What are you doing," Venom asked when he came out of the bathroom, only a towel around his waist. I let my eyes trail over his body, "Uh...bed stuff." I let my eyes trail back up to his eyes. Pregnancy hormones has made me rather insatiable and I honestly couldn't help it. He wasn't complaining though, he was rather enjoying it. At times he even encouraged it when he himself isn't able to keep his hands to himself. "I'm also looking for my clothes for tomorrow," I told him. "They're in the bag in the bathroom," he told me. "The bed stuff is in the box at the end of the bed." I nodded, "Thanks." I watched as he removed the towel and I bit my lip. I then began paying attention to the box that had our bedding in it. 

We needed this stuff to sleep with, because sleeping was what we were going to do. That was what I was trying to convince my hormones we were going to do at least. Kind of hard when you're boy friend looked so good. I found the sheets and tossed them on to the bed and he began to put them on the bed while I looked for our pillows. I put the pillow cases on them and turned to put them on the bed and saw he was laying on the bed, on his back, hands behind his head as he watched me. So tempting. Down girl, I thought. He was tired after moving all day. That reminder was probably the only reason I wasn't jumping him tonight. I gave him his pillow and put mine on my side. I grabbed one of the maternity night gowns he had bought me and some underwear before going into the bathroom for a quick shower. When I got out, he was on the verge of falling asleep. I smiled softly before crawling into the bed with him. He pulled me to him, my back pressed to his chest with his hand resting on my growing belly. I felt one of the twins begin to move and kick where his hand was. He pressed a soft kiss to my shoulder, "I love you." "I love you too," I said with a smile before going to sleep. 

The next day at the compound, I was honestly shocked by the large amount of presents that waited. Venom chuckled at my shocked look. I honestly shouldn't be so surprised. This MC was a family, and they took care of their own. But this was a bit extreme. It was going to take us multiple trips to get it all home! Good thing we had a big enough home to store it all. 

As we were going through the gifts, more bikers pulled up, but these guests weren't invited. "They've got some fucking balls on them," Venom said as he and the other bikers went outside. Not again, I thought. 

Venom's POV

This was the last fucking straw. "You got a lot of fucking nerve showing up here," Spark said to them. "We're not here to fight," one said as he got off his bike. He eyed the compound at the many women and children that were inside. Where my woman and kids were. He then looked at me, "You got a stubborn woman. My kids, and I met her the other day." I didn't know about this. "My car broke down on the side of the road on the way home from one of my sons' games and I wasn't getting any signal to call one of my brothers. A tower had fallen or some shit like that. Many cars drove past, not once stopping. She did though. I saw her tag and knew who she was. What she was to you. At first I told her I didn't want help from her. She told me to shut the fuck up, and that I needed to shove my biker pride up my ass and take the help she was offering to get my kids off the side of the road and to get help for my car." 

That sounded like my woman all right. "We then had a stare down, and I caved because I needed to get my kids somewhere safe. She took me to the mechanic shop near by and my kids to the ice cream shop. When I joined them, she gave me an ass chewing about trying to turn down her help. Ain't no woman talked to me the way she did. Except my wife before the cancer took her. You got a good one. Because your woman did me a solid, I'm doing you a solid. The reason my President started this damn fight between our MCs is because he wants your runs and jobs. He figures if you're not here anymore, we could take advantage of having these jobs opened up to bring in more cash. Money is flowing great without them, he's just a greedy fuck and it's resulting in pointless blood shed. We've lost too many because of this damn feud. We're in the process of voting him out, to get someone else in his seat. We have many on board, just need a few more so it's a guaranteed win. It's why you haven't seen us. Those you have seen, are those who want the same as him. Any time he sends the rest of us out to raise hell, we've been going to a bar in neutral territory. So it's not everyone in our MC. Just a few bad apples that are ruining the whole bunch I guess you could say." 

Spark and I shared a look. "Any of those who aren't bad like you say, pull a trigger at us recently," I asked them, knowing some had most likely been on their President's side then converted when the blood shed became too much. Question is, was that before or after they got a bullet in my daughter's leg? "Venom," I heard Stella say from the porch, very sternly. "Go inside Stella," I said. "Oh no," she said. "He came waving a white flag, you are to wave yours as well. That goes for all of you." She gave us all a stern look and I knew I wasn't winning this one. 

She then gave the man a soft smile, "It's good to see you Ridge." The man nodded, "You as well Stella. How is the pregnancy treating you?" "Really well," she said. "You boys be safe getting back." It was her dismissal and they took that as their cue to leave. She gave me a soft smirk before going back inside. "I'm starting to wonder who's actually in charge around here," Spark muttered under his breath to me. I chuckled softly, with a shake of my head before going back inside to join my family. I guess that saying, a little kindness can go a long ways has some merit to it after all.