Chapter 6

I sighed as I left work for the night, ready to get home. A whistle had me turning my head. I saw Venom by his motorcycle. He gestured for me to go to him so I did. "Get on," he said to me. "I got dinner in the oven, and the kids are wanting a movie night. No I didn't take the boys to your place after Cody's tryouts because I wasn't comfortable leaving them alone. They've been at my place with the girls and I. Before you ask, yes their homework is done."

I was speechless. He studied me for a moment, "When did you come to work?" "Uh six," I said to him. "You look dead on your feet. You're probably gonna pass out part way through the movie," he said to me. He was most likely right. It was nonstop today and I was by myself till someone came for their night shift. "You're probably right," I confessed to him.

"We're stopping at your place to grab some clothes for the three of you. When do you work in the morning," he asked me. "Wait, you just can't make these decisions for me," I said, putting my hands on my hips. He gave me a look and honestly, I was too tired to fight back.

"Eight am," I told him with a sigh before getting on the bike behind him. I wrapped my arms around his waist, noting the hard abs I felt beneath his shirt. I had to admit, I loved riding on the back of the bike with him. It was so much fun and thrilling. Of course, I'm not gonna tell him that.

When we got to my place, I grabbed my backpack and shoved clothes for the three of us in it and some toiletries. We got to his house in time for the timer to to off in the kitchen. He lived in a single story four bedroom house. It was open concept with beautiful hardwood floors. The fireplace mantel was filled with pictures of the girls, as well as the wall behind the couch. The built in bookshelves on either side of the fireplace also had photos. Some of the girls and some of his biker buddies.

Cody came running up to me happily, "I made the team!" I smiled brightly and hugged him tightly, "I'm so proud of you. Congratulations." I gave him a big kiss on his cheek. "Mom, gross!"

When I let him go though he didn't make a move to wipe away the kiss. Cody then got me the papers that told me how much everything was gonna be and such while Venom went to the kitchen. I sat on the couch and looked it over. It was a little more than I thought, but I wasn't gonna sweat over it. I didn't want to snuff out his happiness. So I nodded, "I'll send you to school with everything on Thursday." He smiled, "Thanks mom."

When dinner was ready we went to the dinner table. "How was work mom," Tyson asked me. "It was insane today," I answered. "How was school," I said. "I got an A on my math test," Cody beamed. "My science teacher wants to meet you sometime next week," Tyson told me. "What for," I asked him. "It's a good reason, I promise," Tyson said and I relaxed a little. "At least I think it is." I became tense again. "He didn't say, but he didn't seem like it was for something bad."

Venom chuckled softly while I nodded. "Okay, I'll go see him next Monday on my day off after school."

Tyson nodded, "I'll let him know." I then looked at the girls, "How was your day?" "Today at cheer practice one of the girls sprained our wrist and since she was one of our fliers we have to find a new one before the game so we can do the half time routine at the upcoming game," Vanessa told me. "Today we learned how rainbows are made," Jocelyn said happily. "We all got to bring home a little crystal thing to make rainbows with." "I hope the girl is okay," I said to Vanessa before looking at Jocelyn. "I bet that's really cool."

"How was your day Venom," I asked curiously. "I got one of Vanessa's red tank tops mixed in with the whites so now I own a bunch of pink tshirts," he said and the kids laughed. "Oops," Vanessa said while laughing. I smiled, "I'm sure you'd look good in pink. Of course it might hurt your tough biker image a little." That was a lie. He would make it look really good and his tough biker image would be perfectly fine.

After we ate, I helped him with the dishes while the kids got the movie ready. We went and sat on the couch. Venom sat in the middle with me on one side and Jocelyn on the other side. The boys and Vanessa sat on the love seat. We started the movie, and I was out before I knew it.

Venom's POV

It was the sudden silence that woke me up. I was still sitting on the couch, the TV turning off after inactivity since it was a smart TV. I looked around the living room and saw Tyson asleep on the love seat, Cody asleep on the floor without a pillow or blanket. Both the girls were probably in their rooms. I looked down and saw Stella curled up, her head on my thigh. I vaguely remembered the movie starting.

I sighed, and lifted her head and moved out from under her before placing her head on the couch cushion. I looked down at Cody, then back to her. I scooped her up and noted she was incredibly light. I carried her to my room and she cracked her eyes open. "What," she mumbled sleepily. "You fell asleep during the movie," I told her. I put her on my bed. "Get comfortable while I move Cody from the floor. And yes, that means if you sleep in your underwear that's fine since I do as well."

She was too tired to protest and simply nodded. I left the room, and went to move Cody. I picked him up and laid him on the couch. I grabbed some blankets from the hall closet and covered the both of them. I knocked on the door of my room. "You're good," she said around what sounded like a yawn. I went in and saw her in a tank top and her boy short underwear. Her uniform and bra were folded neatly by her shoes. I stripped down to my briefs before getting in the bed. "This will probably be our arrangements tomorrow since you get out late tomorrow," I mumbled to her as she laid down, sleep already trying to take me once more. She only yawned, her eyes drifting closed as she fell asleep. I followed suit not long after.