Chapter 22

Stella's POV

I watched the sonogram screen, excited to finally learn what the genders of the twins are. It was also Venom's first time going, to one of my appointments. I could tell he was excited and nervous at the same time. It was cute. "Baby A, is a girl," the nurse said as it came into view. She moved the visual tool till she got to the other baby. "And baby B is a boy." One of each. How wonderful, I thought. She gave us the images and I got cleaned up. Venom was quiet as we walked to the car. It was when we got to the car, he turned me to face him, kissing me passionately. I was shocked by it but I wasn't complaining.

When he pulled away, he had the brightest smile on his face. "I fucking love you and I'm so happy," he said to me. "I love you too," I said, unable to help my smile. "Now let's hurry and get home to get the kids' surprise ready before they get out of school," he said before opening the door for me.

We made cupcakes with blue frosting in some and pink frosting in the others for the kids to bite into to reveal the genders. The older kids were excited to find out this way while Jocelyn was just excited to eat cake and it not be someone's birthday. At the mention of birthday that reminded me that Cody's was in two weeks.

We had them sit at the island and put a cup cake in front of each them while Venom went live so friends could watch. "Okay guys," I said. "Go ahead." They each took a bite eagerly wanting to see the colors on the inside. "I was right," Tyson declared happily. "I bet that's a first," Cody joked. Tyson was too happy to care.

I grabbed a cup cake as I leaned back against the counter. I ate it happily as I watched my family. Soon we'll have another girl and another boy to add to the chaos. I couldn't wait.

I sat on the couch Venom's laptop in my lap. "What are you wanting me to do," I asked him confused. "A registry," he said with a chuckle. "Did you not do one when pregnant with the boys?" I shook my head, "No." "The MC is going to throw you a baby shower, and the registry let's them know what we need," he explained. "Of course they'll go over what is needed. They did it both times before the girls were born." "What does one even do at a baby shower," I asked him. "I've never been to one nor did I have one for the boys." One needs friends and family to have one and I only had my mom and Samson.

"It's a chance to celebrate the mother and soon to be here babies," he explained. "Gifts are given and some play games." "Before I do this, shouldn't we find a house first," I asked him. "I've got it narrowed down to the neighborhood I want us in, that is in the kids school district," he told me. "We just need to go look at them." I nodded, "Sounds good."

The next day we went to go look at houses while the kids were in school. Since Spring had fully set in, I wore a white sundress with heels. I did my hair in a side braid and kept my make up light. Venom wore dark jeans, a black button up with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows, his hair in one of those buns I've seen guys wear that he actually pulled off really well. 

He took my hand and lead me out of the house to go see the few houses he had lined up. All three houses he wanted to see were in a gated community. They were so large, they barely counted as houses to me. Venom was truly trying to ensure we had the space. I guess simple went out the window in his mind. Then again, we needed the space these houses offered. The one we pulled up too had a large horse shoe style driveway with a fountain in the green area. Venom helped me out of the car and held my hand as we approached the house.  

It was rather large, and I didn't want to know the price tag. A realtor was standing on the front step. "It's good to meet you Mr. Reece. I'm Niki West," the woman said as she looked us over. She seemed unsure what to think of us, especially in this neighborhood. We will probably get much of the same from the neighbors once we move in.

"This is my girlfriend Stella Wright," Venom introduced. I smiled with a nod, "It's nice to meet you." "Let get started with the tour shall we," the woman asked before leading us inside. In the front of the house there was a split staircase that was curved leading to the second floor. "The kids would race up and down the stairs, while using the railings as slides," I told Venom when I saw it. He chuckled, "They most likely will." "How many kids do you have," the realtor asked us curiously. "Four with two more on the way," Venom answered. "Three are teens and in sports so we need plenty of space." The woman nodded, "This house has a fully renovated basement, as well as a media room for your kids to use. The walls also have the best sound proofing on the market. It may seem like they're never here." That was a scary thought. A quiet kid is never a good thing. At least in Jocelyn's case. 

She then showed us the various bedrooms and bathrooms. When we saw the basement I could see Venom's gears turn at the bar that was down there. We went back up and saw the different bonus rooms and the back yard. The grass space was lacking though due to the massive pool that had a many rock features and such. "Not really anywhere for them to practice," I said to Venom and he nodded in agreement. 

After a few more rooms we went to the next house. It was larger, but it also had it's own dedicated basketball court that Cody would love. There was also a basement that was fully decked out with surround sound. There wasn't a media room but they did have a room that was more like a lounge set up meant for adults that had a bar and pool table. We got to the second floor where all of the bedrooms were and I was excited to see it had an upstairs laundry room.  Meaning I wouldn't have to carry it up and down the stairs. The first room we went to see was the master bedroom was massive with a nice little sitting area off to the side and a balcony that over looked the back yard. The bathroom was to die for though. There was a massive soaking tub with an already mounted flat screen tv. The walk in closet was huge as well. 

From the master we looked at the other bedrooms and saw they were of equal size, and enough for no one to have to share. Back down stairs in the back of the house was a massive kitchen and sunroom that would give Venom his work out room back. The back yard had plenty of grass space for Vanessa and Tyson. There wasn't a pool like the kids wanted but there was a nice patio for me to enjoy. 

From there we went to look at the third house. It was lacking one bedroom that we would be needing. It also didn't have much of a driveway. After that, we left to go pick up the kids from school. "How did the house looking go," Vanessa once her, Cody, and Tyson were in the car. "We looked at all three," I told them. "The third one wouldn't work at all." "But the first two are promising," Venom said with a nod. "Except the first one is missing a yard for Vanessa and Tyson to practice in," I pointed out. "It did have a nice pool though." "We need to be able to practice," Tyson said and Vanessa made a sound of agreement. "The second house didn't have a pool but it did have a basketball court that was away from the drive way, and they had plenty of grass in the back yard." 

"Basketball court," Cody declared. "Good bye pool dreams," Vanessa joked. Venom and I shared a look and I couldn't help my smile. We picked up Jocelyn and decided to get something to eat since Venom and I had been out all day and I was too tired to even try to cook something. 

We went to a family restaurant and as we waited for the waiter to bring our drinks, Venom called the realtor, telling them to put an offer in on the second house. This was it, we were actually buying a house together, and I honestly didn't feel an ounce of fear. I was over the moon happy to be honest. We were moving in the right direction and things couldn't get better.