Chapter 17

Today when the bar opened many Chaos Pack members came in. When Venom saw them, he had made a call to Spark and soon more Toxic Smoke members were in the bar. It was clearly divided and it made me incredibly nervous. Slowly patrons who weren't bikers left, not wanting to get caught in the crap between the two MCs. Other employees ducked into the back as well. I stayed behind the bar.

"It's going to get ugly," Venom whispered to me as I wiped down the bar. "You should go to the back." I gave a subtle nod and was going to do just that when one of them stood, gun out. "Stay awhile beautiful," he said and Venom turned a cold glare to him. "Get your gun off my woman," Venom's voice was so cold and harsh, but I couldn't get my eyes off the weapon being pointed at me. My heart slammed into my chest, and I was honestly scared for my life. I stood there frozen, unable to move as fear choked me.

Soon more guns were being drawn on both sides. Don't start shooting, my mind screamed. All eyes then turned to Spark as he entered. His eyes scanned over the situation, then they landed on me. He then looked at the man holding the gun pointed at me. "She ain't got nothing to do with this," Spark told him. "This is between Toxic Smoke and Chaos Pack." "She's got a Toxic Smoke dog tag," the guy pointed out. "Meaning she's one of you." "Our women don't get mixed up in this shit," Spark said to him. I then noticed Venom was slowly moving to stand in front of me, and I became even more scared. He was willing to take a bullet for me.

My heart and stomach clenched and I felt like I was going to be sick. My hands shook, and I had to do my best to not panic. "Get to the back Baby," Venom said not taking his eyes off the guy. "I've got you." My eyes burned, but I couldn't get my feet to move. If he dies, protecting me, then two little girls are going to be left without a father. I will go back to being all alone. The boys will lose the closest thing to a father they have. We can't lose him. Not now. Not ever.

I was then grabbed from behind and pulled into the back room. I fought against them, the tears now streaming, but a hand covered my mouth muffling my screams of protest. "It's gonna be okay," Cabel whispered in my ear. Then the shots began to fire and I felt instant panic, but Cabel held me, crouched on the floor.

When they stopped, he released me and I rushed out. Many were dead, a few unharmed. Venom, my mind screamed. I went around the bar, and found him on the floor. I cried out in agony and checked a pulse. He was still alive. I removed the shirt I was wearing, leaving myself in my tank top, and tried to get the bleeding to stop, or at the least stall it while I waited for help.

"I hate seeing you cry," Venom whispered as he weekly raised a hand to wipe a tear away that was on my cheek. "Save your strength," I told him. "I love you Stella," he said, his eyes beginning to close. "Damn it you bastard," I cried. "You can't tell me you love me and then die. Don't be a fucking coward. Live so you can say it properly to my face." The tears blurred my vision, but I could still see he didn't open his eyes.

"Open your eyes Venom," I said. "Our kids need you." I sniffled and pushed into the wound more, praying it just stopped bleeding and he would live. "I need you." My voice cracked as I said but.

When I heard the sirens I kept trying to get him to open his eyes but it didn't work. When the paramedics arrived, I reluctantly moved away since he had a better chance at surviving than I did.

"Go with them," Cabel said to me, his hand wet with blood from trying to keep Spark from bleeding out. "The kids," I whispered. "They're safe. He needs you more right now," Cabel said. I nodded and got in the ambulance and rode with them to the hospital. Hang on Venom.

For hours they operated on him, my phone blowing up with text messages from the kids, asking about Venom. I had no updates to give them. I didn't even have updates to help ease my worry.

Soon Cabel was sitting next to me. "Spark is out of surgery and is doing fine. He only took one to the shoulder. Any word on Venom," he asked me. I just shook my head.

It was another couple of more hours before they came out and I jumped to my feet. "How is he," I asked the doctor, my eyes burning with tears. "He had a couple of close calls, but he pulled through." The doctor then explained a bunch of things that I didn't really listen too. I just wanted to see him. No, I needed to see him to verify for myself that he was alive and well.

When he told me the room number he was in, I went straight there. He was asleep, a oxygen hose feeding oxygen into him through his nose. His heart monitor gave a steady sound and that's what made my knees weak with relief.

I called Vanessa. "Is he okay," she rushed out when she answered. "He just got out of surgery. He's alive and asleep right now," I answered. I could hear her crying in relief. "You kids should get some rest," I said to her. "You too mom," she said then hung up. My heart froze. What did she call me?

Spark's POV

I woke up and found Cabel sitting by the bed. "Glad to see you made it through," Cabel said. "How bad is it," I asked, my voice sounding rough due to my dry throat. "We lost five," Cabel said. "Who," I asked my heart clenching. "Lock, Drack, Licht, Stone, and Mist," Cabel answered. My eyes burned tears for my fallen brothers. He then began to tell me who was in critical condition. "Venom was the last to get out of surgery. He took three bullets, one in the shoulder, one in the chest, and one in his stomach. He's currently asleep. Doctors don't know when he will wake up though. He flatlined four times during surgery. For once he was stubborn when it counted."

"Stella," I asked. "Is a fucking mess," Cabel answered. "She wasn't injured though." Then the doctors came in and he stepped out.

When the doctors were leaving, Stella came in. "You look like hell," I said to her. Her eyes were puffy and dark circles were under her eyes. "I feel like it," she said while sitting in the chair Cabel had been in. "How are the kids," I asked her. "Vanessa and Cody are being strong for Tyson and Jocelyn," she answered. She then looked down at her hands, "Vanessa called me mom, and I'm still trying to process that on top of everything else that's happened." She sniffled, "The moment Venom is healed, I'm kicking his ass." I wanted to laugh but it hurt, "Why is that?" "He told me he loved me, and then nearly died," she stated. "He's a fucking coward. He had plenty of chances and waits till he's on the verge of death."

She then ran a hand through her hair as tears fell down her cheeks, "When he stood in front of me, I stopped being scared for my life and was only scared for him." I nodded, "I saw your face girly. All of us Toxic Smoke members that were there did." She had the look of complete devastation as she looked at Venom. Had Cabel not gone around back and grabbed her, who knows what she would've done. There was a big chance all four of those kids would have lost their parents.

If Venom doesn't put a ring on this woman who so clearly loves him, then he's the biggest dumb ass on the planet and deserves to be shot by her.

"Go get some rest," I said to her. "Look who's talking," she said with a soft smile. "I don't want to see you until you've gotten eight hours of sleep at least. Cabel will call you if anything happens." She sighed and stood, "Okay." She then gave me a soft smile, before walking out. Venom you idiot, I thought. You fucked up, and I will be recording when she makes good on her word to kick your ass.