xviii. department of mysteries

"i'll make this simple for you potter, give me the prophecies now, or watch your friends—die

"i'll make this simple for you potter, give me the prophecies now, or watch your friends—die." lucius malfoy says.

harry looks over at his friends from ron to hermione, struggling as a death eater pulls her hair.

then to neville,"don't give it to them harry!" neville says, causing bellatrix to shush him, pointing her wand at his throat. hope nearly smiled at neville's bravery. harry looks at the prophecies, then to lucius, and silently made a decision. he gave the prophecies to lucius, who lifted them up, raising it in praise before everyone but lucius spots a bright light. hope, being on the other side of the light, couldn't see who it was.

until, sirius black had punched lucius malfoy. there had been more bright lights, flying around the room, freeing the kids being held by them.

lucius dropped the prophecies, making them drop and dissolve into smoke. in a whirl of smoke, out came nymphadora tonks, mad-eye moody, kingsley shacklebolt, and remus lupin.

hope had been let go by fenrir greyback.

"let's go, werewolf to werewolf, give it all you got." he demanded, once he disarmed hope.

"fine with me." hope said, eyes glowing yellow, before breaking her bones, turning into a werewolf.

fenrir pounced first, trying to scratch hope, missing as bit his arm, fenrir yelled in pain, before scratching on her shoulder. fenrir's claws were a lot bigger and sharper than hope's and he was a lot more experienced at fighting, but hope was a full wolf, while fenrir was a different, weaker kind, plus, he wasn't at his full strength without the full moon.

hope got thrown at the wall, still in her wolf form.

harry had been looking for hope, not seeing her, he panicked, until he was fenrir greyback, fighting what looked like, hope in her wolf form.

he couldn't help her because he got a spell shot at him by rodolphus lestrange.

the werewolves growled at each other, before hope pounced again, jumping on greyback, biting his neck.

greyback roared in pain, but this only angered him, he took his sharp talons, positioning them on both sides of the wolf's sides and piercing them in, dragging them along her abdomen, making her yelp and whimper in pain, still in her wolf form.

greyback smirked in triumph, before running away.

hope's vision grew blurry until she saw black smoke flying through the air, landing on a rock, hope saw bellatrix land and heard bellatrix say a curse, and on the receiving end of the curse was sirius black.

but hope wasn't going to be useless. she wasn't going to just sit down, even when injured.

and she didn't remember getting up from her pool of blood,

she didn't remember running towards where sirius was, at full werewolf speed,

she didn't remember tackling sirius, as they missed death by an inch, literally.

she didn't remember sirius' gasp of shock.

because all she was focused on, was saving sirius black.

for harry.

and she passed out.

(a/n); i just couldn't kill sirius :(. but i'm sorry this was short. also, i know hope would've destroyed greyback but 1. greyback is a full-grown man first off and a werewolf at that, 2. hope wasn't fighting to kill, he was. 3. hope recently triggered her curse in this book so she's still kinda weak and doesn't know how to fight a lot, but don't worry, in the war you may or may not get a powerful ass hope scene ;). hope you enjoyed!!!

-590 words