ii. harry

hope got the peroxide, luckily she got by without bumping into one of the carrows.

she met ginny on the way, who looked exhausted. they all were,

she walked into the the room of requirements to see a group of people crowding around something.

she snuck her way through the crowd, everyone easily let her in, as if it was something for her, making her raise her eyebrows in confusion.

she got to the front to see the trio.

she froze in shock, only able to utter one word,

"harry,"

she made her way to harry, who was gazing at her, and wrapped her arms around his neck. harry quickly reciprocated the hug, resting his head on her hair.

ginny spotted luna, and made her way over to her, while ron let out a scoff of disbelief, "six months she hasn't seen me and it's like i'm frankie, first year — i'm your brother."

"she got lots of those though, only got one luna."

"shut up, seamus."

"what is it, ginny?" neville asks, upon seeing ginny's fearful face.

"snape knows, he knows harry's been spotted in hogsmeade."

hope walked down the stairs with the rest of the seventh years. her steps in sync with the others .

she felt a warmth go through her hand. as she looked through to her right to come face-to-face with harry. she wrapped her hand around harry's.

he rubbed his fingers on her knuckles and gave it a comforting squeeze.

she let a small smile suppress her face, quickly hiding it before the carrows could see. she knew anything slightly suspicious would make them stop the whole group. especially since harry had been spotted at hogsmeade.

severus snape dramatically walked down the aisle in the great hall. all the students grouped together, waiting for him to speak.

"many of you are surely wondering why i have summoned you at this hour. it's come to my attention that earlier this evening, harry potter was sighted in hogsmeade. now, should anyone, student or staff attempt to aid mr. potter — they will be punished, in a matter consistent with the severity of their transgression, furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events who fails to come forward will be treated as equally guilty."

there was a loud silence, and snape walked a couple steps forward as he comtinued,

"now then, if anyone here has any knowledge with mr. potters movements this evening, i invite them to step forward... now."

no one stepped forward, making hope quietly breath out in relief.

that relief quickly turned into worry as harry stepped out of arms reach.

as he got in the middle, hope heard a lot of gasps, "it seems, despite your exhaustive, defensive strategies, we still have a bit of a security problem, headmaster." at harry's words, the great halls doors open to reveal the order of the pheonix, with ron and hermione next to kingsley.

"i'm afraid it's quite extensive. how dare you stand where he stood? tell them how it happened that night. tell them, how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him. tell them."

snape whipped out his wand, pointing it at harry. just as hope was about the go forward, mcgonagall was already glaring at snape with her wand raised.

gasps collectively went around the room as everyone realized that a duel was about to take place.

mcgonagall sent a spell at snape, who blocked it and they kept going from there. hope noticed that snape wasn't sending spells, just blocking them, making her eyebrows furrow.

as mcgonagall sent two spells, snape blocked them, ricocheting them so that they went back to the carrows, knocking them unconscious.

with a whirl of his wand, snape flew out of the window, braking it as he left.

"COWARD!" mcgonagall called after snape.

the students cheered as mcgonagall lit up the great hall with her wand.

everything was okay until harry collapsed on the floor, randomly.

AUTHORS NOTE:

sorryyyy!! i had a huge writers block. but i'm currently writing another book. it's going to include faceclaims, tips, recommendations, gifs and more, so check that out