ix. rescue

*slight blood/gore warning*

small summary at the bottom of you do skip :).

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
corridors
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

hope and neville were walking the corridors, making their way to the room of requirements when they heard cries — no, pleads.

"p — please! anyone — help!" they heard a voice. it was squeaky, it sounded like a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year.

hope and neville shared a look, they were both thinking the same thing. they dashed off, in the direction of the pleads — which were only getting louder, so they knew they were getting closer. they turned a corner and looking into alecto's classroom to see a 1st year hanging upside down, tied up to the board. both of the 7th years' eyes widened, as they rushed to get the student before alecto or amycus returned.

"relashio!" hope said pointing at the ropes holding him, as he was released. neville caught him and put him on the floor, just for him to wobble again. neville threw the boy over his shoulder, as he slowly lost consciousness, most likely from being upside down for merlin knows how long. hope and neville speeded back to the room of requirements. they went the opposite way trying to get there.

they heard a roar of fury from behind them, making them go faster. hope levitated the boy, seeing as he was putting weight on neville. they soon got to the room of requirements moments later. hope put the boy on a cot, and mended to his cuts. the rest of the kids watched as hope mended to his cuts.

hope rolled up the kids sleeve to see it very bloodied up,
so much that she couldn't tell what was on his wrist.

once hope cleaned the blood, she saw what looked like a makeshift dark mark. it wasn't a real one — no. it looked like the one — or both of the twins cut into the boys wrist, trying to carve the dark into his wrist. many of the kids had to look away the sight. some even turning pale.

hope took a minute to compose herself. all she could wonder was if the kid was awake while having aomething like this carved into him. she shivered at the thought, quickly cleaning it as more blood started gushing out.

she tried to put dittany, and anything that could heal it. she sighed when none of her healing potions or spells were working. the twins must have poisoned the knife so that when it cut into him, it would mark him forever.

now all hope could do was think of how she was gonna tell an 11 year old about how they have a dark mark carved into them. she wondered why. why did the carrows carve this into the kid.

it was later that day, hope finished healing the boy. the scar was clean and healed but a scar still remained on his skin.

the boy shifted, and groaned. his eyes fluttered open as his sat up abruptly.

"w — where am i?" he says nervously.

"in the room of requirements. it's okay, your safe." hope says softly.

the boy looked around for a minute before settling down once he realized he was safe. before hope could stop him, the boy unrolled his left sleeve. once his eyes fell upon the scar, his face fell drastically. hope looked a him questioningly. he didn't look shocked.

hope sent the boy a questioning look, to which he looked hesitant to explain, but something about hope's eyes felt like home, and so, he did.

"d — death eaters came to my house this summer. th — they asked my m — mum and dad to join them. b — they refused, so the death eaters were going to cru — torture us, but my parents got me and apparated. before we did — they yelled "you'll pay for this!". the boy said," i guess this is their idea for payback." he said sadly, referring to his arm.

"this wasn't your fault. nor was it your parents'. they were brave in doing what many couldn't." hope said.

the two sat in silence for a while.

"i don't wanna be at hogwarts anymore. it isn't as fun as what i've heard."

hope frowned for a minute.

"it wasn't always like this. hogwarts was a home — for all of us. you just happened to come at a really bad time. but i promise, when all this is over, you'll experience the real hogwarts. the hogwarts before all of this happened, and your gonna love it." hope says.

"you can't say that. we don't know what's going to happen."

"yeah, we don't. but what we can do is focus on happy thoughts like that to get us through this.

the boy musters up a small smile.

"your hope mikaelson, right?"

"yeah, and you are?"

"mike gallagher."

AUTHORS NOTE:

thought of mentioning peter i'm this
chapter, but decided against it.

summary for those who skipped: hope & neville were walking to the ROR when they heard whimpering. after following the sound, they found a boy hung up and bloody. they took him to the ROR where hope tended to his wounds. hope found that the death eaters carved a fake dark mark
into his skin. and when hope questioned him about it, he revealed his parents refused to join the death eaters, and as a result, tortured their son.

-894 words.