v. dark arts

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧dormitories ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

dormitories
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

ginny woke up in the morning to see hope in hermione's bed, sleeping with a slight smile on her face. ginny looked to see she fell asleep looking at a picture of them four covered in flour.

the corners of ginny's mouth twitched up looking at it.

"hope." she says quietly. she didn't want to wake her up, seeing as she had her first good nights sleep in a while.

she didn't budge.

"hope." she says a little louder as she shook her.

"hope!"

hope's eyelids fluttered open.

she adjusted to the light to see ginny standing over her.

"is it morning already?" hope says in a groggy voice.

"sadly." ginny says, staring to walk back to her bed before turning around again, "i know, i don't want to start classes either." she says after seeing hopes deflated expression.

hope wordlessly got up. she took her shower, changed into her robes. her hair was messy, but she just brushed it down and put it in a low ponytail. she rubbed her eyes, adding gloss to her lips, put her shoes on, and grabbing her bag before heading out.

by the time she got to the common room, she saw ginny, neville, and other gryffindors in the common room.

"ready?" neville says as him and ginny stand up. they were going to meet luna on their way.

ravenclaw and gryffindor 6th years had classes together so ginny and luna reassured hope and neville that they would be fine together. gryffindor 7th years had classes with slytherin.

once the four got to the great hall, same as yesterday, it was empty and cold.

ginny, hope and neville sat at gryffindor table while luna sat at ravenclaw table.

hope grabbed toast, and munched on it. she wasn't that hungry.

ginny had bacon and sausage while neville had eggs on his plate.

they are in silence. the whole great hall was silence, really.

it was depressing.

but they were gonna get through it.

together.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
dark arts classroom
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

defense against the dark arts had recently changed to 'dark arts.

"sit." amycus demanded.

"today, we are going to learn about hex's. i want all of you to split up in pairs."

neville and hope ended up together.

"now, i want you to pick a hex that you know at the top of your head, and perform it on the person your paired with. after that, you will study the effects on that person." amycus said with a smile.

hope and neville shared a look.

"if the other person can block it faster, then they don't have to get hexed."

hope and neville both knew what the other was thinking.

neville sent a subtle head tilt to hope, signaling he would send her the curse.

"furnuculus!"

"densaugeo!"

neville and hope said around the same time a bunch of incantations went around the classroom.

their spells combined, before hope sent it to the wall, creating a small burn in it from the heat in the spell.

hope and neville walked out of class with no hex's on them.

others like cormac mclaggen, parvati patil, theodore nott, daphne greengrass, millicent bulstrode, lavender brown, and much others ended up with large teeth, boils on their faces, jelly legs, legs locked, and way more different jinxs or hex's on them.

the rest of the class that got to block them had to study off of the people who got hexed.

and then, at the end of class, amycus only healed some slytherin's, the prejudice slytherins, so theodore nott, daphne greengrass, cormac, lavender, parvati and all the other kids in gryffindor had to leave with the hexes still on them and go to the hospital wing.

(a/n): i'm sorry, this feels kinda rushed.

-625 words.