i. the awaking

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*12 grimmauld place✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*

12 grimmauld place
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*

hope had woken up, feeling a sharp pain on both of her sides. she carefully opened her eyes, as she was adjusting to the new light. she rubbed her eyes, sitting up, fighting the urge to let out a cry of pain.

she felt a hand on her hand and look to her right to see harry james potter, sleeping in the chair besides her bed.

she had noticed they were in 12 grimmauld place, by the color of the walls and view outside the window.

"harry." she said in a horse whisper, having not talked in a while.

harry had jumped up and when he noticed hope was awake, attacked hope in a hug. she hissed in pain, making harry apologize.

"thank you, so much hope, i have no idea what i would've done if i lost sirius, i mean, i don't have any family left, besides sirius, petunia, uncle vernon, and dudley, but the thought of loosing sirius is too depressing for me to think off." harry says into hope's shoulder.

"i know, that's what i was thinking about really, you, loosing sirius was enough for me to get up, and fight the urge to just pass out." hope said into harry's shoulder.

the two stood like that, greatful for one another's presence.

they pulled away, slowly, noticing how close they were, turned red, before hope coughed, "how long has it been?"

"2 weeks, because of greyback's poison in his talons, it stopped your vampire/werewolf healing, making you heal the muggle way, you had to get stitches and it's almost healed completely but if you move too much, you could rip them, you have to wait a bit for them to fully heal, to walk around carelessly." harry says.

"hope, this came for you" harry says after hope nodded to his statement.

harry handed hope a letter, and she opens it.

dear hope,

we know you haven't seen us in a while, or had any letter, but there has been trouble back in new orleans, we've been tempted to send a letter but owls are being intercepted, and i know your probably thinking 'but davina and freya know a spell to be able to communicate.' well, it turns out, the ministry gets a warning whenever a sine witch uses magic, especially big spells like that. but, you can still use that bracelet freya and keelin gave you for christmas, i trust you didn't loose it. anyways, we love you and hope you heal well, davina sent mrs. weasley some advanced potion's only sine witches can create.

with love,
the mikaelsons

hope smiled sadly at the letter, she was sad that she couldn't see her family but she was happy she had the bracelet freya and keelin got her.

"thank you." hope said.

"for what?" harry said.

"delivering this to me, along with staying here with me, i would've been so confused if i woke up alone." hope said.

"so...sirius is alive?" hope says with a hopeful look.

harry nodded, with a smile.

"i'll let you have some rest, dinner should almost be ready." harry says, walking out of the room.

"oh hell no, i've been sleeping for a week, there no way in hell i'm going back to sleep." hope says.

harry chuckles, making his way to hope. she sits up, climbing onto harry's back.

he goes down the stairs, hope still on his back and too the kitchen.

when the duo gets to the kitchen, they are met with the order, fred, george, ginny, ron, hermione, and the rest of the weasley's minus bill, percy, and charlie.

hope taps harry's shoulder, and lifts her down. sirius gets up, almost attacking hope in a hug.

"the stitches—" hope groans.

"thank you...so much, hope. i will be forever in dept to you."

"no, no, i wouldve done it for anyone here."

sirius sends hope another greatful smile.

"so...what happened after i passed out?" hope asks, to no one in particular.

"well...harry chased bellatrix for attempting to kill sirius—" tonks says, at this, hope sends harry a disapproving look, which he responds to with a sly smirk."—then you-know-who appeared, taunted harry, until dumbledore appeared, the two got into a duel, no one winning but then you-know-who possessed harry. auror's came, and fudge got his proof about voldemort being back." tonks finishes.

"so—everyone's okay?" hope asks cautiously.

"yes, thanks to you." sirius says.

hope smiles, looking down.

"greyback got you good didn't he?" remus says.

"yeah, i wounded him pretty well too, and my venom is more deadly." hope says.

remus gives hope a sad smile, having similar experiences with the older werewolf.

"let's eat, shall we?" mrs. weasley says, trying to diffuse the tension.

hope smiles, hungry, as she hasn't eaten since she passed out.

(a/n): i kept editing this because i didn't like it, please vote, and comment, it motivates me to keep writing, and give some constructive criticism!!

837 words.