vii. thestrals

* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*gryffindor common room* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*

gryffindor common room
* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*

hope had just came downstairs from her dorm room. it was a friday so she didn't have classes tomorrow. she sat down and began doing some reading. she had joined the school 5 years late so she had a lot of catching up to do. she had been reading the unforgivable curses. hope had already known how to block her mind from the imperious curse and could easily backfire the spell, she want to know ways to immediately counter each spell. for the cruciatus curse, she'd have to block it, or stun the caster so that they would be distracted and the curse would be lifted. lastly was avada kedavra. the only way she could think of was using her werewolf speed and duck or somehow wave her hand fast enough for the spell to slow down and she could get out of the way. hope was a fast learner.

after learning to block or counter the unforgivables, she learned several spells. lumos, nox, stupefy, impedimenta, bombarda, immobulus, reducto, aguamenti, finite, incendio, diffindo, episky, incarcerous, and multiple hexes.

by the time she was done mastering the spell, she looked up and saw hermione come down stairs. she furrowed her eyes and looked at the time and saw it was 7:39. her eyes widen when she realized she had spent all night learning spells.

"merlin hermione, i've been practicing spells i didn't even notice the sun come up." hope said with a small chuckle.

hermione smiled and went over to hope. she helped her pack up her bags before both of the stood up and left the common room's warmth to eat at the great hall.

* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*
great hall
* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*

hope and hermione walked to about the middle of the table and sat. hermione had been reading a book on curses and counter curses while hope had been reading a book on the first wizarding war

hope had felt a warm leg slip against hers.
she looked to who it was and saw harry. the heat rised to her chest. she had only felt this way when talking to her old crush. she quickly dismissed the idea of having a crush on harry.

"oh— good morning harry." she stammered.

"good morning hope." he replied.

hermione had looked to the 2 with a knowing look and a sarcastic smirk.

hope had glared at hermione which made her put her hands up in surrender and look down at her book, still with a smirk.