viii. dinner party

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧slughorns office ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

slughorns office
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"so, tell me cormac, do you see any of your uncle tiberius these days?" slughorn says.

"yes, sir, in fact, i'm meant to go hunting with him and the minister of magic during the holidays." cormac replies.

"ah! well, be sure to give them both my best." slughorn says, eating his ice cream.

"what about your uncle belby? for those of you who don't know, marcus, his uncle, invented the wolfsbane potion. is he working on anything new?" slughorn asks, bringing his gaze to a slightly obese boy, eating worse than ron, making hope grimace.

"dunno, him and dad don't get along." he says, in a rush. hope wouldn't be able to comprehend his words if she wasn't paying attention,"dad says that potions are rubbish. the only potion that worked for him, is a stiff one, at the end of the day."

"what about you, ms. granger, what exactly does your family do in the muggle world?" slughorn asks, continuing to eat his dessert.

"my parents are dentist." hermione says.

all the purebloods look around, questioningly, making her continue.

"they tend to people's teeth." she says.

"fascinating. and is that considered a dangerous profession?" slughorn says.

"no, although, one boy, robbie fenwick did bite my father once, he needed 10 stitches." hermione says with a small chuckle, as everyone looks at her weirdly.

they hear the door creak up to reveal ginny, in a black dress.

"ah, ms. weasley, come in, come in!"

"look at her eyes, they've been fighting again, her and dean." hermione mutters to harry and hope.

"sorry, i'm not usually late." ginny says, sitting down.

"no matter, just in time for desert." slughorn says.

"that is, if belby's left you any." slughorn says with a chuckle.

hermione looks up to see cormac seductively licking his finger.

hope grimaces, as hermione turns around, dropping her spoon, presumably from loosing her appetite.

(a/n): sorry for the short chapter, but i'll try to upload the next one tonight, most likely a long one because it's the quidditch game <3.

vote & comment!!!

-348 words