iv. train ride

*  ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*hogwarts express*  ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*

* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*
hogwarts express
* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*

"so what was draco doing with that weird looking cabinet at burgin and burke's? and who were all those people?" harry asked.

the trio had filled hope into what they saw at burgin and burke's.

"don't you see? it was a ceremony, an initiation." harry says.

"that's not how it works harry, death eaters don't have 'initiations', certainly not for people like draco, if he were more important, then maybe but it doesn't make sense." hope says.

"exactly, i know where your going with this." hermione says, looking up from her book.

"it's happened, he's one of them." harry says.

"one of what?" ron says.

"harry is under the impression that draco malfoy is now a death eater." hermione says, with an amused look.

"your barking. what would you-know-who want with a sod like malfoy?" ron says.

"but, then, what's he doing in burgin and burke's? browsing for furniture." harry says.

"it's a creepy shop, malfoy's a creepy bloke." ron says.

"malfoy may be a bully, but i don't think he'd join voldemort, at least not on his free will." hope says.

"what do you mean?" ron says.

"you don't believe all of the death eaters are there in free will...right?" hope says.

"look, his father's a death eater, it only makes sense. besides, hermione saw it with her own eyes." harry says.

"i told you, i don't know what i saw." hermione says quickly.

"i need some air." harry says after a moment of silence.

"he's going to spy on him, isn't he." hope says,
receiving a nod from ron and hermione.

"where's harry?" hermione asks once the train comes to a stop.

"he's probably just on the platform, come on." ron reassures.

* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
great hall
* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"will! you! stop! eating! your bestfriend is missing!" hermione says, hitting ron with a book, continuously.

harry hadn't returned after the train ride, and hermione and hope were worries today the less.

"turn around, you lunatic." ron says, nodding his head to the entrance, where harry and luna walked in. harry had a bloody nose, presumably from malfoy.

"he's covered in blood again, why is it hes always covered in blood." ginny says.

"it's only one day in, and he's already hurt." hope says, rolling her eyes.

"looks like it's his own this time." says ron.

"where have you been?" hermione whisper-yells once harry sits, in between hope and ginny."what happened to your face?!"

"later...what have i missed?" harry asks, as hope grabs a cloth, holding it up to harry's bloody nose, with a soft smile.

hope tuned out of their conversation, until dumbledore starts his speech.

"good evenings to you all." he starts,"first off, let me introduce you all to the newest member of our staff, horace slughorn." everyone applauds for the slughorn, until dumbledore continues,"professor slughorn has agreed to refill his old post, as potion's master." hope scowls, if slughorn is potions, there's only one teacher who can fill d.a.d.a, snape."meanwhile, the post of defense against the dark arts will be taken by professor snape." coruses of 'snape?' goes around the great hall as everyone looks at each other in confusion, but applaud anyways. hope looks at the slytherin table to see draco, looking down, looking slightly sad."now as you know, each and every one of you were search upon arrival here tonight, and you have the right to know why...once, there was a young man, who, like you; sat in this very hall, walked this castle's corridor, stepped under this roof, and seemed to all the world, a student, like any other, his name: tom riddle." whispers, once again, go through the great hall."today, of course, he's known all over the world, by another name, which is why as i stand looking out upon you all tonight, i'm reminded of a sober effect, every day, every hour, spare minute, dark forces attempt to penetrate these castle's walls, but in the end, their greatest weapon, is you...just something to think about, now off to bed! pip! pip!"

"well that was cheerful." ron says.

"ditto."

(a/n): i took a small break because i decided to plan out the rest of half blood prince, and deathly hallows pt.1, i also had to rewatch hbp because i forgot what happened 💀.

-774 words