vii. cursed necklace

*  ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*hogsmeade *  ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*"for weeks, you carry around this book, practically sleeping with it, and yet you have no desire to find out who the half-blood prince is?" hermione questions as the 4 walk down t...

* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*
hogsmeade
* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*
"for weeks, you carry around this book, practically sleeping with it, and yet you have no desire to find out who the half-blood prince is?" hermione questions as the 4 walk down the path towards hogsmeade.

"i didn't say i wasn't curious, and i don't sleep with it." harry says.

"thats what you got from that conversation?" hope questions looking at harry with a incredulous look.

"but it's true! every time i check if your in bed, all your doing is reading that bloody book!" ron says.

"it's like being with hermione and hope."

"says the boy who copies off our work on every assignment!" hope says.

"and, we were curious, so we went—" hermione starts.

"to the library." the four day in unison.

"and?" harry says.

"and nothing!" hermione says.

"we couldn't find a reference anywhere on the half blood prince." hope says.

"there we go, so that settles it then?" harry says.

"no, harry, that's even worse if we don't know who it's from, what if it's from voldemort, or even one of his death eaters? have you not learned from what happened ginny's 1st year." hope says.

the four hear a short, distinct conversation between slughorn and flitwick.

"does anyone fancy a butterbeer?" harry asks.

hope looks at him suspiciously on why he was so keen on seeing slughorn so much lately.

* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*
the three broomsticks.
* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧*

the four sat at the three broomsticks.

"no, not there, over here." harry says, keeping his eyes locked on slughorn.

"no, not there, sit besides me." harry says, still looking at slughorn.

"okay?" ron says, moving to the seat next to harry.

hope sends harry a questioning look, wondering why harry wanted to keep his eyes on slughorn.

the four took off their jackets, and any extra layers they had on, and sat down.