The Crown In the Stars

What is up little homies! Sorry it's been a while since I've updated haha...

But! I've been working on a new story, and I'm debating on whether to publish it or not, reason being I have the tendency to not think things through 🤪 and I publish stories that stop abruptly cause I didn't plan ahead 😃

But I'm really thinking about this story, question is would anyone read it if I did publish it haha! It's a NaLu story, of course, and it's more of an older time story, I mean Lucy is a princess in the book I'm writing about.

Without giving too much context I am going to publish the prologue here as a sample read. And based off how it goes, I'll than decide whether to keep it in the drafts or not hehe.

Thank for being so patient with me everyone. I love you all little homies! <3

Now presenting -

The Crown In the Stars (prologue) -

(Set in Natsu POV)

"Natsu, come here for a second kid." I turned my attention to my father Igneel. Walking up to him I asked, "What's up pops?" He took out a dagger, a big one. The size of his whole palm. I looked at my hands, his hands were 3x the size of mine. Understandable I was only ten after all.

Handing me the dagger my father pointed towards a wall, the wall had wholes, it was from everyone practicing their knife skills. "Throw it." He said firmly as he watched me.

I pondered for a moment, looking at him than the wall. Why does he want me to throw it? I didn't bother to ask as I threw the dagger with all the force I had, it hit the wall but it didn't stick, it slid down to the floor. "Not bad kid... with more time you'll be the best at this in no time." I smiled really wide, I loved it when my father complimented me. It always made me feel happy.

"Igneel...." our attention was brought to Gildarts, he is my fathers best friend, has been for as long as I can remember. "We need to talk." He sounded serious, Gildarts rarely gets serious. His tone worried me and suddenly I felt a pit in my stomach.

Waving me off, my father said "Get outta here squirt, take a walk or something..." I nodded, as I shook the feeling away I walked out of the small guild I called my home. There wasn't much outside, it was a forest. We were not allowed to live near the palace, I never knew why. But I just knew we weren't allowed over there.

Maybe it was cause we didn't have money, we weren't rich like them. I sighed as I shoved my hands in my pockets, kicking stones and twigs in my way as I looked ahead at the small pond I had discovered a couple months ago. This pond was my sanctuary, it calmed me down whenever I was feeling anything but happy.

I got closer and stared into the water for a while, not long after a big white egg looking thing caught my eyes. "A dragon egg!" I ran towards it, it already had a little nest, I felt my eyes widened as I gently touched the egg, "I can't wait to tell my father about this..." I whispered to myself as I patted the egg slowly.

"Hey you!" I heard some say. Their voice was high-pitched, it sounded like a girl, whipping my head to the right I saw the person who had called out. She was a little girl, her skin was pale and her eyes were big and brown, her hair was a real pretty blonde that I've never seen before. No one in my guild had blonde hair.

I stared mesmerized by her as she walked up to me, getting real close she touched my hair, "Woah, your hair is pink!" She gasped as her eyes sparkled.

My heart started beating faster.

"I-it's salmon! Not pink!" I stated touching my hair as I felt my face heating up. "It's really pretty!" She exclaimed with excitement as she clapped her hands together. I felt my face go red as I looked at the floor, mumbling a "thanks" as I kept my eyes glued to the floor.

She giggled, I looked up at her to see a really big smile on her face. I liked seeing her smile... it made me happy... it made my stomach feel kind of weird though. "You're funny! What's your name?" She asked as she got really close again, "N-Natsu Dragneel!" I said quickly, she stepped back a bit. "Natsu? Like summer? I love the summer!!" She squealed, I smiled a bit. I like the way she says my name.

After squealing she stepped close again, sticking her hand out she smiled warmly, "I'm Lucy Heartfilia! It's nice to meet you Natsu..." I shook her hand, I want to see her smile more...

Mesmerized by the girl infront of me she giggled as she pointed to the egg, "I found this egg last week!" She exclaimed as she ran to it and hugged it. So that explains the nest, "I'm taking care of it till it hatches, wanna take care of it together Natsu?" She asked, I only nodded.

Happy with my response she patted the area next to her, "Come here Natsu," I listened and without wasting half a second I sat next to her. "What do you think it's gonna be?" She asked curiously.

"Totally gonna be a dragon!!" I exclaimed as I jumped up, "and we will go on crazy adventures all the time!!" My eyes sparkled with excitement and determination.

Lucy giggled at my remark, "If ya say so silly... say how old are you?" She asked, "Ten, how old are you?" I took back my seat next to her, "I'm nine!" I nodded again. I was only a year older than her.

Quickly the day passed by us, we laughed and chatted the day away. Never in my life has a day gone by so fast, as the sun started to set she stood up and dusted her dress. "Well... that's my cue to go! Otherwise daddy is gonna send people to look for me..." I stood up as well and nodded, "It was nice to meet you Natsu, come here again tomorrow?" She asked, I thought for a moment, and nodded, "Promise?" She stuck her pinky out, intertwining my pinky with hers I said "Promise."

She smiled that big smile and began her journey back into the forest, opposite of me. She turned back one last time and smiled, "I like you Natsu!" She yelled as she ran into the woods, disappearing.

I blushed, feeling myself get hot and my heart pounding louder than ever, "Calm down Natsu... she didn't mean it like that..." I looked back at the egg and patted its head as I started my journey back home.

-

Arriving at the guild and searching for my father I couldn't find him. I looked and looked for him and couldn't find him anywhere. "Mira..." I walked to the bar as I looked at Mira. She was the bartender, she was also super nice, "Yes Natsu?" She smiled.

Still scanning the guild I asked, "Where is my pops?"

"He went on a very important mission with Guildarts sweetie. It shouldn't take more than a day, he should be back by tomorrow." I nodded and thanked her as I left the bar.

Little did I know I wouldn't be seeing my dad anymore...

-

The next day I woke up bright and early and sat on a bar stool as I waited for my father, but nothing. I played with the straw in my cup of water as someone opened the guild doors, quickly I looked over expecting to see him. But I didn't see him, it was a messenger, "Is this the guild that belongs to Igneel Dragneel and Gildarts Clive?"

There it was again, the pit in my stomach, "Yes it is, how come?" I heard Mira ask.

"I'm sorry to inform you but....

Gildarts passed away not too long ago and Igneel is in critical condition... you might all want to say goodbye now that you have the chance."

My heart sunk, my stomach dropped and I felt a lump in my throat as my eyes began to water. I felt like throwing up, it couldn't be. My dad can't die. He can't.

That day I had lost the most important person in my life, my happiness. And had broken a promise to a very special girl.