Highschool <Pt. 4>

Lucy's POV

"I called off the wedding.... it's no more...." Natsu had said.

My eyes had widened, "What!? Why!?!?!" I asked in pure disbelief. This cant be happening...

"I... I think Lisanna and I had moved too fast Lucy. Eventually we both just fell out of love." Natsu looked down rubbing the back of his neck as if un-sure about something.

"Ah... I see..."

There was silence, I sighed. "Lucy.... I.... I'm sorry. For... f-for rejecting you those few months back..." Natsu looked down, he looked sad.

I shrugged "Its fine." It wasnt really... he doesnt realize how much pain he caused me. I was in such a bad state that it was unbelievable. I'm better now... but I'm still broken, I'm still hurt, but it doesnt hurt as bad.

"As long as you dont lead me on we could be friends again." I said nonchalantly.

"But Lucy... I.... I dont want to be just friends..." Natsu grabbed me by the hand with his hand and used the other hand to caress my cheek.

He slowly began leaning in, slightly closing his eyes...

He parted his lips and...

I used my pointer finger and placed it on Natsu's lips to make sure he didn't move any closer. I got out of his grasp and stood a good distance from him. Not too far, but not too close either.

"Well I dont Natsu." I saw his hand move to his chest as he grasped his shirt, "Why?" He asked. "You... didn't accept my feelings before... now that you dont have Lisanna you accept my feeling. Do you know how bad that makes you look?" I asked.

Silence.

"Exactly Natsu... plus I'm learning to move on." I said looking away. "But we can be friends again like I said. Maybe in the future we can be more if things work out. But now? I want nothing to do with you romance wise."

Natsu sighed sadly and scratched the back of his head, "I understand, I definitely deserve this. I'll wait for you Luce." He looked at me and smiled his cheeks tinted with the lightest pink. I smiled back.

"I'm sure you will." I giggled, "Now..." I began pushing him out my door, "go get ready dummy, we are graduating today!"

"Oh right! Haha thank ya for the reminder Luce!" I swear dropped as he ran out and shut my door gently, I slid down and smiled...

"You're welcome."

The End

That's how it ends my friends! Freakin finally finished this 4 part one-shot! Hope ya enjoyed it! Have a wonderful week! :)

- Mxgic