What a shame

3rd Person POV

"I'm sorry Luce... I really am...

"but I'd still like for you to meet her." He had said. The cold autumn air sent shivers down her spine. She could see every breath the fire mage took, in then out in then out again and again and again a little puff cloud apperaing each time due to the very cold air.

She smiled weakly, "I w-waited for you.... I thought you loved me." Her voice cracking a bit her eyes already glossy with tears.

"I know Luce, I'm sorry."

~~~

"Her name is Alexa!" Natsu happily introduced his new girlfriend to the guild. Lucy didn't look up. She couldn't.

While Natsu went on his quest of one year he so happened to bump into Alexa and they have been talking since.

As for Lucy? Lucy waited for him. She waited and waited pained more and more by each day. Then he came.

She was so very happy. But what happened next? He had told her he had a girlfriend.

What a shame.

Lucy was heartbroken and she hasn't been herself since. But who can blame her?

She wishes she hadn't waited for him. And as much as she hates it. Lucy still loves Natsu, and that's something she can never seem to get rid of.

"What a shame.." Lucy whispered to herself as she began crying again. "what a shame."