Jealousy (re-written)

Lucy's POV

I was so happy she was back. Genuinely I was, I cried when she reunited with her siblings, and although I didn't know her prior to Edolas I knew of her. My heart felt full again once all was said and done so why...

"Lisanna! Let's got on a mission!" I heard a certain salamander say. It's been weeks, and although I know that's technically not a long time it feels like forever. Since Lisanna has returned, Natsu and I haven't really been hanging out all that much. I sighed as I looked at them, Lisanna was smiling bright as she stood infront of the board full of missions helping Natsu pick one. He's as happy as can be, anyone can see it.

I'm afraid I've fallen in love with him. I knew about these feelings well before Edolas however there never seemed to be a right time to tell him, and I would be lying if I said a part of me wasn't absolutely terrified. The thought of telling Natsu what I'm feeling makes my stomach churn.

"Lu are you okay?" I averted my gaze to Levy as she took a seat next to the stool I was sitting at. I gave her a small smile as I nodded, "I'm okay Levy." She raised an eyebrow at me, "what's wrong?" I sighed, Levy can read me like a book. Before I could even get a word out Levy scanned the room and the white and pink haired wizards caught her eyes, she frowned. "They do seem to be hanging out a lot huh? It's like they picked up right where they left off."

I looked back at the two as they were laughing, I didn't know what to do. I felt helpless and the one person who made that feeling go away hasn't really been here to do so. "It's okay... they have a lot to catch up on." I said as I turned my attention back to Levy. "I'm really sorry Lu.." I shook my head, smiling at her, "I'm okay, there's nothing to be sorry about. I think I'm gonna call it a day and head back to my apartment." She only nodded with a sad expression on her face.

I got up from the stool and began my small venture home. I didn't bother looking back at the two, it hurt too much and that made me feel guilty.

I got to my apartment unscathed and unaccompanied, it's still very hard to get used to. I took off my shoes by the door, changed into much comfier clothes, and made my way to my very comfy bed. Maybe sleeping for a bit will help ease the ache I feel. Natsu and Lisanna would make such an ideal match, their polar opposites which is what makes it so perfect and that hurts. Maybe it was best that things were like this, maybe this is exactly how it's meant to be.

—-

I woke up, startled. I hadn't realized I had fallen asleep. I sat up on my bed as I went to wipe the sleepiness off my eyes when I was hit with a wet feeling. I was crying? It wouldn't stop, Natsu and I will never be together. And oh my gosh does that hurt, more than anything I've ever experienced. It began trickling until I was full on sobbing, I kept my eyes covered as I cried. "Natsu... why did it have to be you..."

"Lucy?" I froze, looking up quickly there he was. Sitting on my floor as his arms laid on my bed, he looks like he just woke up. What was he doing here!? "Natsu?!" I pulled my blankets over my face as I began to feel the heat crawling up to my face. "What are you doing here?!" When did he even get in? He hasn't come to my apartment unannounced since Lisannas return so why so suddenly!?

"Luce were you crying??" I kept quiet, as I held the blanket over my face with one hand I began to rapidly wipe away my tears with the other, "n-no, I wasn- hey!" Before I could even finish Natsu had ripped the blanket out of my hand, concern and worry was written all over his face as he quickly cupped my cheeks. "Lucy why are you crying!?" He began to wipe my tears gently, he's always been so gentle with me. So kind, Natsu is the strongest person I know. "Natsu..." I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

How in the world was I supposed to explain this to him, oh I'm crying because I'm in love with you! That sounds so stupid and on top of that he clearly does not feel the same way. "Natsu, what are you doing here?" I asked again. was he not going to go on a mission with Lisanna? With worry still plastered on his face he answered, "I missed you." And my eyes widened.

I pulled away from his grasp, "W-what?" He looked nervous now as he scratched the back of his head, laughing sheepishly, "I miss you Luce, we haven't been hanging out as much as we used to and although I like hanging out with Lisanna, I can't help but want to come see you. You haven't been talking to me as often..." hurt was clear in his voice as he said the last part. "Natsu I.. you always looked so busy... I wasn't sure when the right time was." I told him. I was being honest. I took my gaze away from him. I can't look him in the eyes right now, this is so embarrassing.

"I always have time for you Luce." I could feel my heart begin to pound in my chest. I looked up at him surprised yet again at the boy sitting in front of me. How did he always know what to say. How was it possible for one person to make me feel so many unimaginable emotions, "I missed you too Natsu, so much." My voice cracked and I began to cry again. I can't seem to stop.

Natsu swiftly swooped me in his arms as he began to soothe me, "I'm sorry for making you cry Luce..." I sniffled as I buried my head in his chest. I missed him so much.

Time passed, I'm not sure how much time passed, but with Natsu's warm arms wrapped around me I began getting sleepy once more...

Third Person POV

As Natsu held onto the now sleeping Lucy he couldn't help but smile. He slowly managed to lay her down as he covered her back up in her blanket. He wiped away the last couple of droplets she still had on her face as he frowned. His heart ached at the thought of her crying, especially all by herself.

Natsu felt guilty, he didn't realize he was making her so sad. He kept his gaze on her just a little longer before slowly leaning in, gently he gave her a kiss on her forehead. The dragon slayer was now as pink as his hair, he buried his face into his scarf looking away when Lucy began to shift around. Turning from her back to her side as a small smile was now formed on her lips.

Natsu couldn't take his gaze away from her. He adored her.

With it finally sinking he slowly fell to his knees, using Lucy's bed as support to keep his upper half somewhat sitting up. "The things you do to me Lucy Heartfilia..." he mumbled to himself. He couldn't believe he just kissed her.

Once the shock wore off the fire wizard began getting sleepy himself. As he positioned himself in a more comfortable position on the floor, he made sure to have one hand holding Lucy's hand. "I really like you..." he whispered so quietly it was almost hard to make out what he was saying. "and I'll tell you all about it once you wake up..." and surely enough he too fell asleep. Hand in hand, with the celestial mage.