Forever Always

JEEZ, this one is a long one.

1839 words

Lucy's POV

He leaned in for a kiss, his lips were soft, warm, everything I ever imagined plus more. The kiss didn't last too long, not long enough for it to turn into a make-out, pulling back he leaned his forehead on mine.

"I love you Luce..." tears began to form at the brim of my eyes. Happy tears of course.

"I love you too Natsu...."

I opened my eyes as I stared at the ceiling of my house, my eyes felt heavy, and dry. I blinked a couple of times before sitting up on my bed and stretching my arms, yawning as I put on my slippers.

Than my eyes widened, I felt my face heat up "Wahhhh..." I looked back to my unmade bed. "What kind of dream was that?!" I groaned as I sunk to my knees. It all came back to me, the kiss the I love you. EVERYTHING.

It was a dream, a dream I wish I didn't remember, how am I supposed to face Natsu now?! I covered my, I'm guessing, very red face.

Taking a second to compose myself I slapped my cheeks, "Just act like you always do Lucy, it can not be that hard!"

-

"What's up Luce!" He said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, giving me his signature grin. I tensed up and felt my face immediately heat up, oh goodness, the downside of having such pale skin is I get so flushed easily. It's so obvious too.

"H-hey Natsu..." I managed to mutter, but my body was still tensed up. His arms were very warm. But I couldn't stop thinking about that stupid dream.

Because of it I'm acting all weird around Natsu, thinking things I've never thought of before. "You okay Luce? You look really red.... and why are you so tense? Are you sore from yesterday's mission or something?" Natsu asked as he placed a hand on my forehead. Concern and worry visible in his onxy green eyes.

Oh GREAT! Now I'm making him worry... I mentally smacked myself. Nothing happened. So why can't I just act normal?! It was just a dream.

"Luce...?" Natsu asked, I looked up to him and he leaned in, way too close. Oh goodness. Out of instinct or stupidity or both, I shoved him off of me. Maybe a little too hard.

"Natsu stop that!" I squeaked out as I touched my forehead where his hands were previously placed. "Friends do not get that close to each other Natsu!" I half say half yell.

My eyes widened as I cover my mouth. What the hell has gotten into me?! "N-Natsu I—""Its fine." He cuts me off as he shoves his hands into his pockets and walks away. Great. Now I made him upset.

I sigh as I slump into my chair, shoving my face in the crook of my arms, "Something wrong Lucy?" I hear Gray ask as he takes a seat next to me. I shake my head, refusing to talk. I can not keep making people feel bad.

"Come on.. I saw the pity show you put up with Natsu, what's wrong?"

I immediately looked up to him, "I-It was not! A pity show for your entertainment Gray!" I said as I shake my head. He chuckled, "But I got your attention now don't I? So that has to be the reason. Now tell me."

I sigh in deeply as I recall how eventful today has been, and it's only 10am. Before I knew it I found myself telling Gray everything. The dream, the realization, the conflict between myself, what just happened with Natsu, everything.