So you don't love me? (Part 1)

Natsu's POV

"I love you Luce!" I exclaimed as I took her into my embrace, my heart was pounding. I felt weak all over but so very happy.

Today was the day I confessed to Lucy, I've loved her for what seems like forever and I finally had the guts to tell her. "N-now..." I said pulling away from her nervously, as I shut my eyes leaning in to kiss her.

But before I could reach her pink plump lips I felt hands cover my mouth. "N-Natsu.... I-I umm..."

I looked at Luce for the first time since I confessed, she looks unsure and nervous. What? I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I grasped my vest as pain devoured my body. Does she not love me back? But I was sure... "Listen Natsu I-"'Haha just kidding!" I interrupted her not wanting to hear what she had to say. It would only break my heart even more. I backed away from her and nervously laughed, "It was all a joke Luce! I t-totally had you haha." I laughed looking away from her.

What the heck? If this the right thing to do? I kept asking myself, and than I had an answer. Of course it is. She clearly doesn't love you back. "W-what?" Lucy asked, the sound of her hurting was laced in her voice. But I kept going, "haha totally a joke Luce!" I began to back away and she moved forward towards me, "But Natsu I-" her hand reached out to grasp mine as I swiftly scratched the back of my neck with the hand she was reaching for, "Haha it was so funny huh! I gotta go now Luce. See ya later!" I ran past her and jumped out the window as I began to pick up speed.

It hurts so bad, so much worse than I thought. But than again I thought she would accept my feeling and feel the same way as I did, had I not read the signs she was giving correctly??

I felt a tear slide down my cheek as I quickly wiped it away, smiling "Of course she would never love you like that dummy." I told myself as I began slowing down my pace... "s-she would never be into a guy like you-u..." The tears began to make there way down my cheek as I sobbed my heart out.

So she doesn't love me huh?