Valentines Day

Happy early Valentine's Day! <3

Lucy's POV

"And then he just asked me! It was so precious!" Levy said, Gajeel had asked her to be his valentine, giving her his own personally welded iron flowers. I squealed with excitement as I hugged her. I didn't realize Gajeel had it in him. "What the heck that's so cute.." I said as I pulled away, "No seriously, I didn't realize he had it in him." Erza said as everyone in the group nodded.

"Gajeel is a big sweetheart guys, I've been saying..." Juvia stated. She was right. We were all grouped in a corner at the guild, close to the bar. "Has Gray asked you Juvia?" Her aura darkened as she began sulking, well we have our answer... we sweat-dropped as mira looked at me, smiling. Oh no... "How about you Lucy? Has a certain fire dragon asked you?" I blushed.

"N-Natsu...? He would never, plus I totally don't even like him like that guys..." I shook my head. "Really? The color of your face seems to say otherwise Lu." Levy said as she covered her smirk with her fingers. "That fool is too dense and we all know it." Erza said as everyone collectively agreed causing us to go into a fit of giggles.

To be his valentine? Natsu would never, I don't even think he knows that Valentine's Day exists let alone plan anything for it. So there's no way. Even if maybe I did want him to. The conversation continued, with everyone explaining whether they've been asked, are flying solo, or plan to do the asking.

"And so booze..*hiccup* is my valentineee~ it never does me *hiccup* wrongh..." Cana said as she took another sip of the barrel she seems to always have with her. I smiled, averting my attention from Cana to Erza I smirked. "So Erza... anyone ask you yet?" her eyes widened as a blush crept onto her face. She became shy, as she began looking down and playing with her hair. "A-actually..."

Everyone focused in on her, urging her to tell the details of what happened. "I have a meeting with a... friend... the day of, we'll be having dinner..." she nearly whispered. It's very rare to see Erza act this way, and nearly everytime she did it was due to a certain somebody. With it not being my business to say, we all gathered around Erza squealing, "ITS A DATE!!!!" We all yelled. It's became hectic as the girls jumped, and bombarded Erza with questions. She however kept her mouth shut and didn't give us anymore details. Honestly probably for the better.

I scanned the guild as my eyes landed on a certain salamander. Nobody batted an eye to us, why would they? Noisy is one of the guilds main attributes so anyone in it wouldn't be affected. "He knows about Valentine's Day you know?" Mira said, I looked over to her and she was staring at Natsu as well. At this point it was just the two of us having this conversation as everyone else was still fixated on Erza and her, not so, mystery man.

I smiled at her, "you think so?" She only nodded. "You should talk to him Lucy... he might surprise you." I turned my attention back to Natsu. He was talking to Happy about who knows what, "Mm." Was my only response. I can't possibly go up to him.

I was aware that this would be another valentines day I'd spend alone. I had mentally prepared myself for it, I got special bath salt and bought a new pen so I could keep myself busy the day of... so why now? Why am I suddenly hesitating? Looking at Natsu makes me think that maybe spending the day with him rather then alone doesn't sound so bad after all...

A smile crept on my face the longer I thought about it. How would Natsu even go about asking someone to be his valentine? Would he make a grand gesture or would he take a more intimate route? Knowing him he'd do a grand gesture, however at the same time... I glanced at him once more, I wouldn't be surprised if a small gesture is the route he'd take.

"Lu!" Before I knew it my attention went back to the group of girls, and our conversation on valentines continued.

Natsu's POV

"So that's why fish is the best food." Happy said. I shook my head, crossing my arms over my chest. "I hate to break it to you buddy but you're the only one that thinks that." I stated. Happy had opened his mouth to argue back when we were interrupted by Gray. "Hey pinkie, I need help."

I looked up at him and furrowed my brows, "What do ya need ice popsicle?" He looked around the guild for a second before taking a seat. "I want to ask Juvia to be my Valentine."

"Hue hue it's cause you loveeeeee~ her." Happy cooed as he covered his mouth with his paw. I chuckled a little, to be his Valentine? "I thought you didn't like her?" I said. He seemed to always be pushing her away so I'd be lying if I said this didn't take me a bit by surprise. "I do like her, a lot. And figured what better excuse to use than Valentines? It's coming up really soon you know." It is coming up really soon.

I looked around the guild, my eyes landing on Lucy. She was smiling, talking about who knows what, with basically all the girls of fairytail. They were all surrounding each other in one of the corners. "I mean... breathe and she'll tell you she loves you man, I'm sure anything you do will make her happy." I looked back at Gray shrugging. "I know that, but I want to make it special for her you moron." He stood up, "Forget it! I don't even know why I asked you, ash for brains. You wouldn't know how to make a gesture even if it hit you right in your face." He scoffed as he began walking away.

I stood up, slamming my hands on the table, "I could do a MUCH better job than you ice princess." I smirked. I can totally make some sort of gesture. Way better than Gray, no doubt. "Oh yeah? Then show me how it's done." I scanned the guild and once again my eyes landed on a certain celestial mage. Lucy would totally help me win this, I smiled looking back at Gray, "Easy peasy." I quickly ran outside of the guild, scanning the area as I found some flowers. I picked them, took off any dirt and made them look nice and pretty. "This will do."

I went back into the guild, a smug smile as I looked at Gray again, I began walking towards the groups of girls. Their squealing died down once they noticed me and they all began to whisper. Just then Lucy turned to look at me, I'm guessing she felt the change in mood. Her eyes widened as she saw me.

Lucy's POV

He began walking right towards me, flowers in his hands and a big smile on his face. My eyes widened, "Luce, I have a question." I looked down at the flowers, they were beautiful and there was a good variety of them. "Y-yes?" I felt my face begin to get hot. I know I was blushing and I could feel all the girls staring, watching us like hawks. I shivered at the feeling. He extended the flowers in my direction, waiting for me to take them into my hand. And I did.

Once he was certain I had them he grabbed my free hand and gave it a squeeze. "It would mean a lot if I could be your Valentine Luce... would you like to be my valentine?" My eyes widened as I felt my heart nearly explode. For a moment it felt like it was just the two of us. I stared at him, still surprised.

I think I had been staring for a while, I hadn't realized how much time had passed because Levy nudged me and I was brought back to reality. This is really happening!? "Don't keep him waiting Lu!" Levy whispered as she pushed me closer to Natsu. I blushed again but this time at the distance between us. "O-of course Natsu..." I barely managed to say. He smiled, a small blush appearing on his face. I looked away from him and all the girls began screaming. With excitement they pulled me away from Natsu, all in disbelief at the scene that unfolded.

I looked towards Natsu again and he mouthed, "I'll see you later." And I nodded.

Third Person POV

What started out as almost a competition ended with happiness for the dragon slayer. This in turn made him realize how excited he was to be spending Valentine's Day with Lucy Heartfilia. He felt his heart beat like it's never done before and found himself more nervous for her answer than he would like to admit.

This fateful act of pride with Gray is what caused Natsu's feelings to begin their own journey as he began discovering things he'd never known before. Little did Natsu know, this was exactly how things were supposed to play out.

"I told you he would go for it." A certain white haired demon said, a smiled plastered on her face. "I should have known..." Gray tsked as he took a sip of the drink in front of him. He looked at Natsu as he was sitting at one of the tables with Happy, he had looked dazed and lost in thought for the remainder of the day. Gray laughed and looked towards Mira,

"I'll never doubt you again."