Left Fairytail (part 1/2)

The first one-shot I ever wrote was back in 2017 my dudes 😃 I-

Natsu's POV

I sat in my office with my arms crossed and my eyebrows furrowed, today is one of the days I hated the most. It was New Years Eve today. Of course the guild was going to throw a whole party, and as their master I was going to make sure it would be big and full of joy.

But today also marks the 6th year anniversary since Lucy left the guild. Without a single explanation she abandoned me. She abandoned her family.  She abandoned everyone.

I tsked as I stood from my chair and began pacing. Just the thought of her makes my blood boil. What once was love and emotions I couldn't understand was now hatred and betrayal. I hated Lucy Heartfilia. I mean, how could a human be so cruel?! Lucy left just a week after Gramps passed, and she didn't even bother to explain.

I stepped out of my office as I looked over the indoor balcony to my fellow guild mates. The feelings I had developed for Lucy were some I have never felt before. I loved her so much, and not just as friend. I wanted to spend my life with her. But that will never happen now.

I hated that she crossed my mind everyday. Even if it was just for a second. I wish I could forget her. And all the stupid feelings that come with her. As much as I hate to admit it. The day Lucy left was the day my happiness left right besides her. I was never the same after she left. I would like to think it was because I had matured, at-least that's what I told myself to think, but my guild mates like to say otherwise.

I smiled as I saw everyone having a good time, chatting it up. I cleared my throat and was about to make an announcement when the guild doors suddenly opened. And just like that there she was. Lucy Heartfilia standing at the front of the guild hall with both doors wide open.

Lucy's POV

I sighed as I sat on my bed, staring at my hand that once had the Fairytail emblem. I left 6 years ago today. My eyes watered at the thought. Leaving Fairytail is what I still consider the hardest think I ever had to do.

And worst of all is I couldn't even explain why I had to leave. It was so sudden, and with the guild still grieving the loss of Makarov, I only added salt to their wounds. I hated myself for that, and deep down I knew they hated me for that too.

I had joined Sabertooth a while after leaving Fairytail since I had to get money to pay rent someway. My Sabertooth emblem was just below my right shoulder, instead of pink I chose red. This was my way of coping. Looking at it reminded me of the man I love so dearly.

A week before leaving the guild I went on a solo mission. It was a small mission and the price was just enough to pay rent for that month, so I decided why not? I would definitely regret making that decision.

On my mission I had run across Zeref. He cast some sort of spell that made everything else disappear but us, and before I knew it Natsu was right infront of me.   "N-Natsu...?" I questioned as I stepped towards him.

"Uh-uh. That won't do Lucy..." I stopped in my tracks as Zeref appeared infront of Natsu, I looked back and Natsu looked like he was suffocating and before I knew it he hit the ground. My eyes widened as tears began to stream, "N-NATSU? ARE YOU OKAY?" I began to run towards him before I was suddenly thrown back.

Hitting a wall as I slid down coughing and wheezing. The hit had knocked the wind out of me. "You see Natsu back there..." Zeref moved so he wasn't in the way of me seeing Natsu. "That's what's going to happen if you don't leave Fairytail in the next week Lucy Heartfilia. Natsu will die and it will be YOUR fault."

I began to shake as I looked down, tears dripping as I grabbed my chest, "W-what?" I barely managed to choke up. If I don't leave Fairytail, Natsu will die?

"You heard me. I chose you because you happened to be in the area and happen to have a certain connection with my little stupid brother~" he began to laugh like a maniac.

After a second he wiped his tears as he held his stomach, and with just his finger managed to control the movement of my face as he forced me to look him in the eye, "You aren't allowed to explain the reason behind leaving to make it more fun..." he smiled and closed his eyes, "I lost the love of my life a long time ago, why not make someone else suffer along with me!"

I was scared. Natsu's life was on the line because of me... I have to leave everything behind. I'm going to.

"Of course I'm not some monster! This curse will only last for 6 years haha. After that do as you please," he began walking towards me and put his face close to mine, "I'm sure my brother will despise you by the time that comes though Lucy. Tick Tock princess, time is ticking." He whispered in my ear, a cold shiver going down my spine.

He radiated evil. Nothing but pure evil.

Suddenly I was right back to where I was before Zeref appeared, but I was on my knees hugging myself, shaking as I cried.

I couldn't finish the mission that day.

-

Hehe and that's a wrap little homies! I wrote this without the intention of having to write a second part, but alas my hands are getting tired and the word count is rising far too quickly! So a second part will have to do.

Although I haven't decided whether to end this one shot on a bad note or on a good note, so much to think about and decide! Guess you shall all find out soon!

In case I don't upload tomorrow have an amazing New Year and I wish nothing but happiness for you in the upcoming 2021 year! Let's hope this one is better :)

Yikes the authors note is getting so long! I apologize! But I truly could rant to all of you like this for forever! And I would if I could! But I have to go! So see you all for part two! :)

-Mxgic