Jealous (re-written)

Natsu's POV

I leaned on my hand as I watched Lucy from afar, sighing. I was annoyed. Lucy was giggling it up with the new guy she brought. He's stuck around longer than anyone else she had ever brought and that irritated me. I scanned the room and nearly exploded at the fact that nobody else seemed to mind him! How could they not care!? Lucy was all laughs with him and nobody even bat an eye!

"Something wrong Natsu?" Mira asked, concern laced in her voice. "You've been sitting here for an hour and haven't ordered anything." She continued.

How was I supposed to think of food at a time like this!? I shook my head simply grunting as I kept my gaze on the celestial mage. "Oh poor Natsu" Mira giggled as she began to walk away, she was putting some dishes away when I turned to look at her. "Why is nobody else bothered by this!" I exclaimed as I pointed at Lucy, "it's outrages!" Mira giggled some more.

"What Natsu? Are you jealous?" My ears perked at the word. Jealous? Me? Of course I was. The guy was all over Lucy! I shook my head and stood up. This is nonsense.

I began marching towards them when Lucy noticed me, she smiled and waved as I got to her, "Hey Natsu! What's up?" She was looking up at me as I kept my gaze on the guy she was laughing with. "Oh! Natsu, this is Dave, Dave this is Natsu." Lucy said with that bright smile of hers.

"It's very nice to meet you." Dave said and I furrowed my brows. He had brown hair, and was pale, his eyes were brown and he wasn't all that tall. "Lucy let's go on a mission." I said before I could even think, I kept my gaze on him.

"Natsu I'm kinda bus- ah!" I didn't let her finish as I grabbed her wrist and began dragging her to the board full of so many missions to choose from. I grabbed the closest one, took it to Mira, got it approved and walked out of the building all while dragging Lucy by the wrists with me as she protested.

"H-hey! Let go of me! That was very rude Natsu." Lucy said as we continued walking. My firm grip softened but I didn't let her go. I looked back at her and smiled, "we have more important business to attend to Luce." I held out the flyer I grabbed and then continued my gaze forward.

I've never been so jealous before. Sure Lucy would bring guys to the guild every now and then but most of them wouldn't stick around long enough for me to notice them all that much. I liked Lucy, I know I did. I wasn't entirely stupid when it came to things like that, however I didn't have anything to worry about before.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Lucy is unattractive, or can't get any guy she wants because believe me she can. She has so much power over a lot of men in Magnolia and I'm sure she knows it. But she was mine. I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

There she was, pouting, how could she stand there and look so beautiful. Her golden hair and chocolate covered eyes were enough to heal any of my wounds. My Lucy.

"What do you see in him?" I asked her, her eyes widened, she was taken aback by the question. She didn't expect it at all. "Natsu... what-"

"Because I am better than he is." I interrupted her. "I am stronger." She giggled, "and I can take care of you better." She didn't laugh this time, but she stared for a long time, with nothing but a small smile.

"Natsu... he was an interviewer for sorcerer weekly. He's doing a special segment on celestial mages and what can I say? There's just so much to unpack." I stared at her with my mouth opened. "Huh!" She chuckled as she intertwined our hands and began walking.

"You're so silly."