Highschool (re-written)

Hey guys! If you haven't caught on just yet, I figured I'd rewrite my already written one-shots but hopefully better. I can't help but re-read them and completely cringe at them -_-' However I was young and was learning, so it's very nostalgic to say the least. I hope you enjoy! Have a safe week everyone :)

—-

Lucy's POV

"Come on!" I yelled as I rummaged through my papers, I was attempting to find some notes that I swore I took for an upcoming math test. "Lu!" I heard the door open and close as Levy walked into my apartment, "did you hear?!" She sounded frantic. I quit searching as I looked up at her, "what are you talking about Levy? Is everything okay?"

"Lu its Natsu, he..." I raised a brow, "he's planning to propose to Lisanna." My mouth dropped open. He is planning to what!? They haven't been dating long enough for a proposal, I thought I still had time. I was foolish enough to believe that maybe, just maybe he'd choose me. "Levy what are you talk-" swiftly she pulled out her phone and low and behold a text from Natsu, which had a picture of the ring.

My phone then dinged. I quickly went to grab it and it was a text from Natsu, SHE SAID YES! Along with a picture of him and Lisanna, with Lisanna holding up her left hand. Levy must have noticed my distress, she embraced me in a hug as she began to apologize. I was in complete and utter shock.

I love Natsu, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind. I've known him my whole life, I grew up with him. We were inseparable. I didn't realize my feelings up until middle school, and now we were seniors in highschool. Lisanna has always been in the picture as well. In a way the group of friends I have now all grew up together. When Lisanna and Natsu began dating I couldn't believe it. Everyone was left confused and conflicted considering everyone knew I liked him.

At first, it's not like people weren't necessarily happy for them. But almost everyone thought that maybe they wouldn't last. I was one of them. I was certain they'd fizzle out, but two years and one proposal later here we were.

I began to feel my tears building up, and soon enough I began to cry. Why did this have to happen. I felt my heart break, my chest aches and my stomach churn. I can't believe it. Levy said nothing, all she did was hold me as I cried. It started off slow but soon enough I was in a pool full of my tears.

Something inside me broke that day.

—-

Life proceeded as normal. It had been two months since news about Natsu and Lisanna broke out. I was still not okay, but I was better. "We're planning to marry by the end of this year" Lisanna continued, "yes we want it to be intimate, something small."

We were all currently sitting outside, eating lunch. Natsu and Lisanna were talking about their wedding plans, while Levy, Erza, Gray, Juvia, Jellal, Gajeel, and I listened. Well tried to, I wasn't paying much attention. Not to be rude I just couldn't bring myself to, I messed around with the peas on my plate when I had had enough. "I'm going to go throw away my food, I'll see you guys later." Before waiting for any type of responses I left. Throwing my food away then continue to walk so I could get as far away as possible.

I ended up on the roof of the school, I sat at the edge as I looked up at the sky and the tears began to build up again. "Lucy..." I jumped as I looked behind me, it was Natsu. I looked away from him, "You scared me... what are you doing here?" He took a seat next to me. "Why are you crying?" I stayed silent. What am I supposed to tell him. I wasn't sure how to reply to that question so maybe no response was the best response.

He kept looking at me, concern was written all over his face. "I don't know how to tell you..." I finally said. I decided honesty was the best policy and there wasn't much I could lose. His face turned from concern to confusion as he thought for a moment. "How are you feeling? With your engagement I mean." I asked.