Chapter 27: Human Hurdles

...So, 2020 was a crazy year, with a lot of close calls... leaving the two of us with no motivation to do anything really. Hope all you guys are safe and doing good. Shout out to those who have stayed and voted/commented, it spun us to update this raw chapter.

Disclaimer: Just for old time's sake, we don't own KHR.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Tsuna did not stay sitting there for long- forced to move on from his contemplation at today's revelations- since his legs began to fall asleep. Not something he was willing to deal with, or ever for that matter, shit was a pain in the ass to handle. However, as he was about to take a step in the direction of the base, he and the rest of the stragglers froze. For in the distance, they could hear the familiar sounds of sirens, they could see the familiar flashing lights... And in a moment of unity, they all collectively thought... 'OH SHIT!'

So, in the aftermath of a revenge war, the great and mighty Katsu Kotei members scattered like cockroaches.

As for Tsuna, Tsuna ran.

He sure as hell wasn't going to get caught again, so he pushed himself until the chaos was a distant sound in the background. He may have heard someone call out to him, but hey, every man for themselves, right?

As he rounded the corner of an alley, he slammed into someone, causing him to mutter curses under his breath as he stumbled back into a wall.

"Kimura."

Tsuna groaned while Reborn raised an amused eyebrow. Looking over his shoulder, he tried to move around the older man. "Yeah, uh huh, nice talking to and all that shit, but I gotta go now."

Reborn's eyes sharpened, pulling Tsuna behind him as several footsteps were heard down the alley's entrance.

Tsuna blue screened.

"Sagi-sama! Sagi-sama!"

"Tsuna slow down!"

Reborn gave him an unimpressed look causing Tsuna to come to his sense and facepalming in frustration. "I'm not running from them! To be honest... I didn't even know they were chasing me?"

"Ah, Reborn-san, have you- Sagi-sama!"

Tsuna nodded in the silver puppy's direction as Yamamoto joined them.

"Hey Tsuna! You were going real fast, haha. Everything alright?"

Honestly, with how quick Yamamoto switched from easy-going idiot to some sharp-eyed mini hitman was going to give him whiplash one of these days. Impressive, though, he had to admit. A dangerous one indeed.

Gokudera turned serious too. "What happened Sagi-sama? We'll help you with anything you need."

Reborn moved to face him, clearly expecting an explanation as well.

With the three's concentrated attention on him, Tsuna could only sheepishly rub the back of his head. "Funny story that, um..."

He didn't get to finish whatever bullshit excuse he was about to spew, which was a blessing and a curse as he jumped forward, tumbling into Reborn. Said man thankfully caught and steadied him, instead of letting him fall face first onto the curb.

Hibari straightened from where he landed, ignoring the cracks left from where his tonfa struck the ground. "Carnivore. For disrupting the peace of Namimori, I will bite you to death."

Gokudera stepped forward, dynamites in hand as he foolishly ignored the bloodlust coming from Hibari. "Fuck off, Bastard! We don't have time to entertain you!"