Chapter 17: Today Could Have Been Better

Yo, Xanxus666 and I would like to say "Have A Good Thanksgiving," if you celebrate. If you don't then just ignore it, no harm done. 

Disclaimer: Y'all know we don't own KHR, look it up if you need to.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The moment he arrived on base, Tsuna wanted to go straight to bed. He wasn't sure why he felt exhausted. He's had more difficult missions before, so why should this be any different? Either way, it didn't matter, it would do no good to keep the Shateigashira waiting.

"Ah, you're back early Sagi-kun. Has Tesshin checked you over?"

"No need. I wasn't injured."

"Are you sure?"

He gave her a slightly irritated look. Fully aware that it was one the most idiotic things he could possibly do in his current position.

Rika dismissed his moment of idiocy. Dismissed that he lost control over his emotions which was a weakness within Katsu Kotei.

"Moving on then. Tell me everything that happened."

And Tsuna did, needing to lie every so often.

Although, he wouldn't call it lying per se, but more like he covered up stuff and omitted other things. Especially when his intuition repeatedly blared warnings at him for certain shit. Such as the weird powers and weapons all them fools at Kokuyo had shown they could use. An obvious connection to the damn mafia that Katsu Kotei knew about because the Oyabun knew.

"Well, it seems they weren't all that much of a challenge for you. Did you figure out which group they belong to?"

"They didn't belong to any group, a couple of nobodies pretending to be thugs."

"I suppose that's a good thing. Though, they weren't that bad of fighters from what you've told me. Maybe the Oyabun might be interested in having them join us?"

It was so fucking difficult to hold back the need to tense at Rika's offhanded remark. For some reason, Tsuna hated the idea of those weirdos working under the Oyabun.

"Do you think they've decided to leave Kokuyo Land by now?"

Oh man, Tsuna has never been as grateful as he was now for a sudden change in topic. "Not likely. They were a bunch of idiots, so I doubt they caught the message and left."

"Hm. We don't need that place as of right now, so they're allowed to stay there for the time being. The moment we need it, I'm going to send Imayoshi and Aomine to ensure the place is cleared out."

Ignoring the pang in his heart, he's learned how to by now, Tsuna nodded his head in understanding.

"Good work, Sagi-kun. You are now free to do as you please."

'Wonderful. Now, I'm going to go and sleep like the dead.'

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Tsuna dragged himself over to Namimori Middle School, which was quite far away from where he lived. He was only heading to that hell hole because he had to meet up with Kyoya of all people. And, it was the only place you would find the demon, even if it wasn't a school day. The prefect had no life.

Once he finally arrived, he... kind of... stood at the entrance. Tsuna couldn't even say why.

It wasn't like his intuition was telling him that shit was going to hit the fan soon, or maybe it was and he's just trying to ignore it like a champ. Not like it mattered. Going to meet Kyoya may already seem to many as if he was digging his own grave.