Chapter 26: Fighting Frenzy

And we are back! For how long, who's to say. Thanks for the continued support everyone!

Also, please take care of yourselves! Don't panic! And stop buying toilet paper!

Disclaimer: KHR doesn't belong to either one of us.

-------------------------------

Quickly and quietly he got dressed.

A black long sleeve. Loose white pants. Slip on shoes. Fingerless gloves.

He packed his weapons.

Knives hidden on his body. A lighter. Thin canisters of flammable gas.

Tsuna eyed the haori draped innocently over his chair. It was white- Maebure no Hyokai member color, regulars had black. It was sleeveless- personal preference. And on the back, it bore the Katsu Kotei emblem. Smack dab in the middle to show his allegiance- his owner.

He put it on.

Taking a deep breath, he walked towards the door, hand resting on the knob as he surveyed the room.

It was almost surreal. Yesterday, he had gone to school, had dealt with other kids his age, and yet here he was. Preparing for a 'revenge war.'

Idly he ran his hand through his gravity-defying hair, bangs framing his face. He thought about wearing his signature beanie but decided to forgo it.

Without a backward glance, he walked out. Barely acknowledging anyone he saw on the way down the hall.

...

He paused at the top of the stairs, amused at the sight of everyone rushing around like headless chickens. It was chaos, but organized chaos.

Reo Mibuchi, the pretty bastard, spotted him and waved him over.

Tsuna sighed in exasperation even as he made his way towards him, the crowd parting for him. Mibuchi wasn't bad per se, except he was a part of the Oyabun's inner circle, hence he didn't want to deal with the other.

"Ah, Sagi-chan! It's been so long since I've last seen you, dear!"

"Mibuchi. It's your fault."

"Oh darling~ You wound me!"

Tsuna smirked while Mibuchi flipped his hair in exaggerated offense.

"Hold still though. Your hair is simply atrocious."

Eye twitching, he resigned to having his hair messed with despite it being perfectly fine. 'Should've just worn the damn beanie.'

"I can hear you thinking, Sagi-chan."

"Never knew you were a mind reader."

Mibuchi raised his eyebrow as a comb magically appeared in his hand along with a bottle of gel. "It's showing on your face, darling. Now stop that, you'll get frown lines before you're twenty."

Rolling his eyes, he surveyed the room. "So, what's going on?"

"Akashi-sama decided to use the Rotating Pairs Plan."

Tsuna blinked.

"Don't worry, Sagi-chan, you know what it is, it's just we finally had the decency to name it. It's the one where the Maebure no Hyokai get paired with someone who compliments them. Then, every few hours, one of the pairs will switch out with another one that's been out in the field for a while."

Ah yeah, Tsuna knew that one. The enemies were constantly getting hit with no break, always overwhelmed, always disadvantaged.

"Hm. A bit extensive, nah?"