Chapter 3: Dealing with an Idiot

Disclaimer: I've said it once, and I've said it twice, and I'll say it again, I don't own KHR.

P.S. Xanxus666 helped to create this chapter.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

'Ring. Ring. Ring.'

Reborn immediately grabbed hold of his Leon phone and pressed answer. "Yes."

"Ah, Reborn. How has it been with all those strays you picked up?"

Reborn clenched his fist in anger. "My kids are doing fine, Idiot."

"Ha, ha, ha. That's good to hear, seems you're very protective of them."

Reborn gritted his teeth, pissed that whatever he said to the moron got brushed off so easily.

'Can't let the idiot get to me.'

Careful to keep the anger out of his voice, he asked, "Why did you call me, Iemitsu?"

There was a sudden change in tone when the reply came. "I need your help."

"..."

"I'm pretty sure Nono already informed you that you will be training the Vongola Heir, correct."

"Yes, your son, Sawada Tsunayoshi."

"Yes, yes of course, but he unfortunately changed his name to Kimura Tsuna."

'It's obvious you couldn't care less if he changed his name or not.'

"Get to the point," he growled darkly.

"Besides the change in name, Oregano informed me that he's currently under arrest. Something about getting caught stealing from a local store."

Even in his bad mood, Reborn managed to raise an eyebrow in curiosity. "I thought your kid was a civilian through and through?"

An annoyed sigh came through the receiver. "My sweet little Tuna-fish isn't as innocent as I had thought. I asked one of my subordinates to check out his record and it seems this isn't the first time it has happened."

"How old was he when he was first arrested?"

Shuffling and crinkling of papers could be heard through the phone. "He was 11. He got caught for pickpocketing. Since that was his first time, they let him off with a warning."

He scoffed. "And you barely found out now, Trash."

"Reborn-"

"Is there any other important information I should know about?"

"I don't know."

"How the hell do you not know, he is your flesh and blood Iemitsu."

"Yes, but I hardly visit to keep them safe, you should know that Reborn. My subordinates-"

"Listen here Iemitsu. Your son is someone you're supposed to know no matter what. You and I both know there are different ways to keep in contact, but you don't do you, because you don't give a shit. Do you even know the age of your son right now? I know you're a complete dumbass, but I didn't think you were such a worthless human being. It's family before Famiglia, you fucking disgrace."

Without further ado, he hung up on the asshole. 'Damn that idiot to hell for ruining my mood. And now I'll have to make some calls to see what information they can dig up on the kid. Even the things I already have are useless since they're from the imbecile.'

ONE HOUR LATER

'Are you serious?' Reborn could feel a headache forming because of the lack of information on Kimura Tsuna. Yes, he understood the reason for the change in last name, even approved of it, so he was going to refer to him as such. Honestly, who wanted to be a known relative to a bumbling scumbag.

Anyways, back to the problem at hand. He reread the details he wrote down earlier when he had gotten hold of a couple of his contacts.

Name: Kimura Tsuna

Birth Name: Sawada Tsunayoshi

Age: Unknown; Estimated 14 years old

Birth Date: Sometime in October

Location: Namimori, Japan

Residing: Unknown

School: Said to go to Namimori Middle, but attendance shows he only went on the first day.

Mother: Sawada Nana

Location: Namimori, Japan. Residence is unknown. Moved a while back with her son, though no one bothered finding out the exact location.

Sire: Sawada Iemitsu

Location: Sicily, Italy. His residence is CEDEF Headquarters.

Other: Part of the Katsu Kotei yakuza in Shirimasen, town to the west of Namimori.

And the rest of it was his personality and appearance when he was about 5 years old. Along with some sheets of paper showing his criminal records. So, all in all, it didn't help for anything. With far too many blanks, Reborn realized that nobody knew much about the teen who was going to be the next leader of Vongola.

'The only reason he has gotten caught countless of times is to cover for those that he works alongside with. A scapegoat, a pretty good one at that, but it can't be all he's good at. Seeing how the other people he works with trust him so much, there must be something else. And they all fall under the command of Katsu Kotei. That yakuza... At least the kid won't have a problem with the shadier side of the mafia.'

He rose from his seat and straightened out his suit. Grabbing his fedora on the way out, he strode towards the Namimori Police Station.

'Well, won't this be interesting,' Reborn thought despite his frustration at the way the day had gone so far. He always did enjoy a good challenge.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Thanks for reading. Please support by voting on chapters, giving comments, and adding to your reading list.

Addio miei buoni amici~