Chapter 28: Good Times

Okay, so... it's a new chapter, let's give a round of applause to Xanxus666 for being an MVP and not quitting on me and this story.

Deadass though, we reread the comments you guys left throughout the chapters, and that's what got us to sit down and write a little, time and time again. So, we sincerely appreciate them, like thank you.

Disclaimer: We ain't own shit and Akira Amano is amazing for creating khr.

---------------------------

Tsuna didn't really know much about birthdays. He hadn't celebrated his ever since his mom died and even before that it wasn't anything... big.

It was just him and his mom who made dinner together, sharing gossip while easily moving around each other as they prepared a little feast. Afterwards, they'd go out for a walk, wandering and cracking jokes before going home to eat store bought ice cream cake. Then they'd settle down on the couch, curled up and wrapped in the softest blanket they had as the two of them criticized some old movies. Nothing big, but something he had cherished, nonetheless.

He wasn't sure what this was.

There were decorations, all kangaroo themed, all over the place. In fact, there was way too much, clearly whoever did this atrocity had no talent in design whatsoever. There was a whole bunch of sweets and gifts laid out on the table as if they were feeding an army and somehow celebrating each of their birthdays too. There were also way more people than Tsuna felt comfortable with, he never particularly liked crowds, certainly not when he didn't know them. Plus, he wasn't sure if they were planning on harming him, like was this a "business" party or an actual party because there was a significant difference between the two.

If that was it, perhaps he wouldn't have minded. Objectively, Tsuna knew this was how others celebrated their birthdays, it was expected, if different.

However, it was the fire pillar outside, the weird stage play going on in the corner, the boxing ring where two clowns were going ham on each other that threw him off. He was pretty sure this wasn't how you were supposed to celebrate, even if you were some nouveau riche persons.

"Um..." Honestly, he didn't even know where to start. Perhaps he shouldn't question it, that usually saved his ass.

"Oh, don't mind the decorations, we usually let Lambo put things up because he gets upset if he can't help out."

Tsuna blinked at Kyoko. "Ha, okay that explains it."

'That's not the main concern here! Kami, these people really like to be purposefully ignorant.'

Of course, that's when Ryohei decided to jump into the ring causing the clowns to team up and aim for a 2 vs 1, they were losing.

That's when Kitty came running over to their little group of five.

"Guys! We have a problem!"

Then, Barcode strolled on over without a care in the world. "No, you have a problem. We have an idiot who never learns."

Gokudera rolled his eyes. "Let me guess. You caused it. What's new?"

Kitty bristled. "You bastards! I'm serious!"

Yamamoto gestured for everyone to calm down. "Are you talking about the fire pillar behind our home?"

Tsuna was internally relieved that apparently this wasn't normal, even for these weirdos.

"No," Ken said proudly, "That was to fix something else."

Gokudera looked at the other as if they created a whole new level of stupidity before turning to Barcode. "He's not serious is he?"