Chapter 13: Worry Warts

Another chapter yay! I don't own Katekyo Hitman Reborn nor does my co-writer. Thanks to those who show their support towards this story.

P.S. My buddy- who's called Xanxus666- wrote this chapter with me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Reborn watched in the background as both Takeshi and Ryohei fought over which show to watch. Well, not necessarily fighting. 

Takeshi had a forced smile on his face with a dangerous gleam in his eyes as he got the remote. Changing the channel back to the baseball game. Ryohei had his mouth closed in a firm line (surprising isn't it) as he narrowed his own eyes. Snatching back the remote to change it to the boxing match that was currently on.

Seeing the two happy go lucky idiots being so serious over what to watch was comical. And strangely entertaining for Reborn, well not that strange actually. Usually, his entertainment involved a bit more chaos added to the mix, but this was fine in its own right.

Chrome and Kyoko were chatting on the couch next to the one the boys were currently occupying. Not minding, or being oblivious (cause come on, who can tell) to the growing tension in the room. All the while, Lambo was asleep on Chrome's lap, content as she ran her fingers through his hair.

Kyoya had gone out on patrol as usual, scowling on his way out. Why he was in such a bad mood? Even when was so happy to beat herbivores to a bloody pulp? Reborn believed the Katsu Kotei was at fault.

Just thinking about said yakuza made the feelings of guilt and annoyance wash over him. Guilt, for injuring the beanie wearing brat, especially since he wasn't aware if Kimura had the gash checked out. Annoyance, because the brat was too damn annoying. And for both his and Reborn's health, he had better tone it the fuck down. It was a kid though, the same age as his own...

He put those pointless thoughts to the back of his head. He didn't want to ruin his moment of peace for the first time in forever. Deciding to move on to something else, his thoughts focused on Mukuro. Well, there went his peace.

He was the most troublesome of the bunch. Don't get him wrong, the others were just as stressful as him in their own way, but... Mukuro horrified his victims till they were running around like headless chickens. Which at times, would lead to some very traumatizing events for both parties.

While it was very entertaining, he had to deal with the aftermath. Something that was not worth his earlier enjoyment.

Seeing as Mukuro ruined the peace of Namimori on a daily basis since they moved here, it was far more stressful.

Then you add Kyoya to the mix. Kyoya, who could hear the screams of the residents Mukuro had messed with from wherever he was. Which grated on Kyoya's nerves and ears. Resulting in a fight between the two, but since it was Namimori, the damage was very little, so it was fine by Reborn. Especially since it was the Disciplinary Committee's job to clean up Namimori streets. Not his.

'If only they reacted like that to other towns as well. Then everything would be great,'  Reborn couldn't help but wearily think.

And the last stress bundle, Hayato, who had gone out on his own to get some snacks for the others some time ago. Actually, now that he checked the time, Hayato should have been back already. Reborn, despite knowing Hayato could take care of himself, was a bit worried.

Reborn decided to wait at least 10 minutes before he contacts Hayato. Nothing wrong with checking in with the kid to make sure nothing bad had happened. He was the boy's guardian after all.

And apparently, he wasn't the only one who had noticed Hayato's lateness. Kyoko took a quick glance at the clock before blinking and looking over at Reborn. Chrome had followed Kyoko's line of sight in confusion. He saw exactly when realization hit her, and she turned expectantly at Reborn.