Chapter 14: Patience is Overrated

Disclaimer: Well, y'all already know who this belongs to, or at least I hope so. If not, then just know it doesn't belong to me or my co-author Xanxus666.

P.S  I know it's been a while, but stuff. Thanks for the continued support.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Kyuseishu-sama?"

Hayato stared worriedly at the top of the wall. It had been about three minutes already, and his savior still hadn't jumped over. 'What if the cops got him? Or did he ditch me? Or- '

He felt a wave of relief wash over him the moment he saw the other teen's head pop up. Unfortunately, the feeling was quick to slip away. For he soon realized his savior was in fact, falling headfirst towards the ground.

Running over, Hayato managed to catch ahold of the teen before he met the unforgiving ground. A swift check showed Hayato that his savior was currently unconscious. Not dead. Thank U.M.A.s.

'Why? I mean he was... Oh. Oh. Damn, I'm such an idiot. Please forgive me!'

He mentally debated if he should lift his Kyuseishu-sama's shirt to see how bad the damage was or leave it as it was. Reborn, their... guardian, had taught them a bit of first aid, in case of incidents like now, but Hayato wasn't a medic. That was Ryohei's job. Still, he knew he had to help the teen; he just didn't know how.

Back in the store, Hayato noticed his savior was bleeding from his side despite the other's attempts at hiding it. Which was weird because he got injured on his neck, nowhere near his side. Now it was oozing blood and didn't seem to be stopping any time soon. Sure enough, like a moron he forgot that minor, well in this case, major detail.

'If Reborn-san ever catches wind of this... oh who am I kidding, it's the world's greatest hitman I'm talking about. When Reborn-san finds out, I'm screwed. Maybe I can drag the baseball idiot into this, say how it was him who broke the coffee maker.'

In the end, Hayato made a quick decision, it was probably a dumb one, but whatever. If his savior was unconscious because of his injuries, then first aid wasn't going to make much of a difference. 

For now, it didn't matter how horrible the gashes might be or even where his savior received them. His Kyuseishu-sama needed to get to a hospital, asap. And Hayato was going to take him there, asap. Still, he made sure to add pressure to the wound so that the teen wasn't losing as much blood as before.

Hayato picked up the other teen bridal style, only to stumble back in disbelief. 

The boy was light for his age- could the blood loss be at fault- enough so that it made Hayato bristle in concern. He thought they were near the same age despite the height difference, but it seems he may have been wrong. 

All these new revelations made Hayato pick up his speed, still being careful not to jostle the boy too much. He didn't want to be the reason his Kyuseishu-sama's wounds became worse than they already were.

As he ran towards the nearest hospital, Hayato took a second to glance at the boy he was carrying. Eyes lingering for a while longer on said person's neck. Seeing the fresh blood on his savior's skin made Hayato certain his decision was right. Staring ahead, he knew, even if the others didn't agree, he wouldn't change his mind.

'I'm sorry Reborn-san. I know he's not the Vongola's heir, a civilian in fact, which could put us both in danger, but he saved me. A stranger. So, no matter what, I have already declared to follow this boy for as long as I live.'

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Over in Hayato's house

'BREAKING NEWS: This afternoon, three armed men attempted to rob Karasuno Volley. A local convenience store in Namimori, Japan.'